IGNORED

TaylorMade Tour Burners... Opinions...

Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just went to TM website... it looks like the only thing seperating the Tour Burner and the Tour Burner TP is the shaft. When you look at the Burner and Burner TP models it notes that the Burner TP has a slightly open clubface for the skilled player. The Tour Burner regular and TP make no mention of whether the clubface is neautral, slightly open or otherwise. I could be wrong (and often am) but I think the only difference is the shaft options for the TP.

If indeed TM is going to stop making the Superquad then the only moveable weight club they will have will be the CGB POS. I wonder if the whole moveable weight thing is comming to an end... I think it should, after all, how many people actually change the weights around.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

on a site i read that the tour burner tp's face is 2* open whereas tour burner is square face. also on the tm site, the burner tp has a 1* open face.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

on a site i read that the tour burner tp's face is 2* open whereas tour burner is square face.

intersting... I wonder why they went with 2* on this version over the 1* on the Burner TP... do you know which site by chance?

also on the tm site, the burner tp has a 1* open face.

yep... that's what I said in my post

... When you look at the Burner and Burner TP models it notes that the

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I was looking at the Superquad today - looks very nice and I need to try it out (place I saw it had no net to try it in). They also had the Ping G10, but I found the driver does not sit square (rounded sole so moves a lot). Need to see a selection of drivers, woods & hybrids in the same place to try them all with a launch monitor or at least a driving range, and see what ones work best/

I don't think I'd buy a golf club without hitting it 1st.

As for prices, R7 Superquad I have seen for $299 (Rockbottomgolf)... Lowest I can see it in the UK is £220 ($440) and here in Dubai, 1825 dhs ($500)...

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

The Burner is built for power and that is it, you can't shape the ball with it and it's not very forgiving.

That's only my opinion though.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I don't think I'd buy a golf club without hitting it 1st.

Thats horrible, the Superquad was just discounted by all sites from what I can see TGW, Golfsmith, etc. to $299. I have heard some say that Taylormade will be going exclusivley to the Burner line of drivers and thats the main reason for the discount.

500 is highway robbery. I hit the superquad and wasnt really impressed with it so I went to a 425 TP. I feel that I can hit this driver more consistantley and I dont lose a great deal of distance. I hit the Tour Buner and the TP version and wasnt impressed with the results for that type of price. When all else fails, go back to what you know and trust I guess.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

If indeed TM is going to stop making the Superquad then the only moveable weight club they will have will be the CGB POS. I wonder if the whole moveable weight thing is comming to an end... I think it should, after all, how many people actually change the weights around.

Sorry to do a double post, but I was just reading through all the comments.

I for one change my weights around quite a bit. I tend to leave it in a nuetral position for most of my round, but I have quite a few of the changeable weights that I carry with me just in case. I own four 14 gram weights and thats whats in all the positions when I say its nuetral. I play a links style course so there is quite a bit of doglegs and I change it over to a draw or fade position judging by what the shot calls for. I have gotten pretty damn good at changing them out too. If this is the end of the changeable weight era, I am happy with that. Between my father and I we have all of them - from what Taylormade produced. I know its sad, but all I have to do is change the shaft and I will feel good about bringing that club out. Only ones I bought was the 425 TP and the Original Quad.

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

You know, its against the rules to change the screws mid round.

Never done it during an 18 hole match. Do it constantley on 9 holes after work. I figure out which setting will be the most beneficial to me for the course.

I play a links style course so there is quite a bit of doglegs and I change it over to a draw or fade position judging by what the shot calls for. I have gotten pretty damn good at changing them out too.

Uhm... that's not legal... changing the weights mid-round.

Uhm... that's not legal... changing the weights mid-round.

Please read everything before you post what someone else just said that I have already made a response to.

I will try to clear it up a bit more. I dont change the weights on a scoring round. When I play 9 afer work I change the weights constantley to figure the setting I need to place it on to have consistancy on the course. I play several local courses and like to switch my weights around to see what I can lock it on for that course. All courses have there "secrets to success" and I like to figure them out before I start to play them on a consistent basis. Once I figure out "Oh, this course tends to have a more of a draw bias for me on the holes." Wouldnt it be nice to obtain that knowledge and set my driver for that course. So on and so forth. Hope this clears it up.

Please read everything before you post what someone else just said that I have already made a response to.

when I hit the reply button those two posts were not there... I am multi tasking here (watching the masters) and my wife interupted my typing with a phone call... so take it easy man.

when I hit the reply button those two posts were not there... I am multi tasking here (watching the masters) and my wife interupted my typing with a phone call... so take it easy man.

No worries. Didnt mean to come off as hostile. Not what I meant.

I know its not legal to change the weights mid-round. When I played in highschool a kid got DQ'd for doing that. Hard way to learn but he had to.

No worries. Didnt mean to come off as hostile. Not what I meant.

Wow... that would suck... probably something coaches should go over with the players with all the adjustable clubs today (if he didn't).

taken from a site, 'iseekgolf.com'

TaylorMade’s new Tour Burner TP (Tour Preferred) driver is already tour-proven, having been played in competition by Justin Rose, Sergio Garcia, Sean O’Hair, David Toms, Jason Day, Kenny Perry, Peter Lonard and Dean Wilson. The Tour Burner TP driver differs from the Tour Burner in three ways:

* The Tour Burner TP’s clubface is engineered 2° open, while the standard Tour Burner’s face is square.
* The Tour Burner TP is available in a choice of three shafts: Matrix Ozik Xcon-5 (55-grams), Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 65 (65-grams) and Fujikura Rombax Z 75 (75-grams).
* The grip is standard weight, not lightweight.

The Tour Burner TP’s open face angle works in conjunction with the characteristics of the three selected shafts to help prevent skilled players from losing the ball to the left.

The Tour Burner TP will become available at TaylorMade’s retail partners starting in April 2008 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of US$699.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

yes and the same thing happened on page 2 when i tried to explain the difference between the tour burner and tour burner tp. but who cares anyway. go the masters!

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!