IGNORED

New Member from Pennsylvania

Bear0906
Note: This thread is 1212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everybody, new member from Erie, PA.  Beautiful day here, at least a foot of snow, but still thinking about my game.  Currently a 4.7 index, been hovering in that area for the last few years.  I have been playing for 50 years and like everyone I would like to go back to my better days, or to quote Lee Trevino "The older I get the better I was".  Unfortunately I work a 9-5 job and have two kids who have both played too may sports for the last 15 years so my playing and practicing have always been at a premium.  Also, I like going to the range more than playing anyway.  Having a full left knee replacement in January so maybe that will help my game.  If it goes well the right one is getting done next winter.  If anyone has thoughts on rehab let me know.

• iacas changed the title to New Member from Pennsylvania
5 minutes ago, Bear0906 said:

Hello everybody, new member from Erie, PA.  Beautiful day here, at least a foot of snow, but still thinking about my game.  Currently a 4.7 index, been hovering in that area for the last few years.  I have been playing for 50 years and like everyone I would like to go back to my better days, or to quote Lee Trevino "The older I get the better I was".  Unfortunately I work a 9-5 job and have two kids who have both played too may sports for the last 15 years so my playing and practicing have always been at a premium.  Also, I like going to the range more than playing anyway.  Having a full left knee replacement in January so maybe that will help my game.  If it goes well the right one is getting done next winter.  If anyone has thoughts on rehab let me know.

Being in orthopedics, we have many folks that are doing well enough after 6-8 weeks that we do the other side and both would be done and over with. But clearly there’s no problem waiting the year if that’s your preference.  Be aggressive early with your ROM and quad stimulation since that goes away quickly and you’ll be fine...if you feel sorry for yourself because your knee hurts, you’ll struggle longer. Work hard so you can play hard

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the info on the surgery.  The surgeon I have will be using the kinematic surgery method so I will be on my back for 3 weeks, 22 hours per day with exercises to do but no therapy.  A lot of time to watch the golf channel.  They told me I will probably be able to start hitting half shots and wedges within 7 to 11 weeks so then I will start my 5 minutes a day program.

Note: This thread is 1212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!