IGNORED

Of last years big name drivers that are now deeply discounted...

Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Of last years big name drivers that are now deeply discounted...

• Adams Redline
    • Callaway Big Bertha 460
    • Callaway X460/Tour
    • Cleveland HiBore XL
    • Cobra Speed Series
    • Cobra HS9
    • Nike Sumo/Sumo Squared
    • Taylor Made R7
    • Other (please specify)

I play the R7, but if I had to do it again, I'd pick the Sumo. Love the looks, feel, performance, and sound of those.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunetly, the BB460. I'm still playing it...

But want to trade it! PM me!
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I just traded in my BB460 for the HiBore XL. The HiBore XL is a much better driver for me then the BB460. I always hated the "squashed" look of the BB460. Love the HiBore XL!!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

The regular (non-adjustable) R7 460cc can be found on EBay for about $200 and the R7 Draw 460cc (where most Superquads end up deing set) at about $200 is a true bargain - its a great club (I have one).

Dick's Sporting Goods is listing the R7 Draw in stores for $129.99 while they last.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I got a Hi Bore XL and am sorta indifferent about it. It is the first diver I've had w/ an X-Stiff shaft in it. Would talk trade....

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

I just traded in my BB460 for the HiBore XL. The HiBore XL is a much better driver for me then the BB460. I always hated the "squashed" look of the BB460. Love the HiBore XL!!

Hasn't the 10.5* Hi Bore XL been deemed non-conforming??? Thought I read that somewhere.....

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

Hasn't the 10.5* Hi Bore XL been deemed non-conforming??? Thought I read that somewhere.....

Well you are correct. Some of the 10.5 XL drivers are non-conforming.

http://www.randa.org/index.cfm?actio...nonconfdrivers There are some pictures on this website of the 10.5 drivers that are conforming and the ones that are not. I will have to wait till I get home and check which one mine is. I am hoping that since I just bought this that I will have a conforming model now.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I would probably try the R7 and see if I liked it. I would probably stay with the 905T though.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

• 3 weeks later...
A fellow tiger on the board!!

In my Clemson Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 bag
Driver - Cleveland Launcher 9 deg., stiff gold shaft
3 wood - Cleveland launcher 15 deg stiff gold shaft
3 Hybrid - Adams Boxer 19 deg
4 Hybrid - Nike Sumo2 hybrid 23 deg.Irons - Callaway X-18 Wedges - Cleveland CG 14 (50, 54, 58 degree)Putter -...

A fellow tiger on the board!!

That was the whole reason for choosing the name. I am glad there is someone else on the board as well.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

i was going through my "bag of old clubs" last night after reshafting my new G10.

Here's what I still own:

Taylor Classic Burner 7 degree with gold aldila s40.
Callaway Big Bertha 8.5 graphite stiff.
Some Titelist Titanium thing with a blue shaft (forget the model)
Callaway Great Big Bertha 7.5 degree strong.
Taylor Made R580 7.5 aldila nv65 s
Taylor R7 superquad 9.5 (just got, but gonna sell)
Ping G10 UST proforce 2.

out of all of those, my favorite was still the great big bertha. that only had about a 350 cc head .. it looked tiny compared to my G10 and back when I bought it it was sooo big.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

That was the whole reason for choosing the name. I am glad there is someone else on the board as well.

Off Topic - You guys aren't alone! I graduated with a degree in math and comp sci in may of 2005.

On Topic - I would have voted for the 2007 Taylor Made Burner but it wasn't a choice (still too expensive?). I played with the Burner TP last season and the beginning of this year and loved it.
In my brand new bag (all my old stuff was stolen out of my trunk in June 2008 ):

Driver - Tour Burner TP 9.5 65g Stiff Shaft
Woods - Steelhead Plus 3 & 5
Irons - 755's S300 Shaft 3-PW 1° flat54° Wedge - Vokey 54.10 Oil Can60° Wedge - 60.05 ChromePutter - ZebraBalls - ProV1

Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!