IGNORED

Concealed carry while golfing?

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You're not going to get anywhere with the question

Even if the answer is #5 there's still "what if"
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun Control means using both hands I think we clearly see both sides of this topic.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

You're not going to get anywhere with the question

are you completely mad?

paranoia ?
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

The point of the thread was to ask who carries, without asking who carries.

So this thread was a dishonest ruse to inject heated political debate into a golf forum.

Otherwise, why didn't you just post this in the Grill?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

That doesn't really make sense. If you're from a bad neighborhood it doesn't mean you're a bad person.

Nor is every CC in a great neighborhood full of good people. The answer to the reason why I carry is in your statement. You don't know where the BG is.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

So this thread was a dishonest ruse to inject heated political debate into a golf forum.

I agree, this should be in the Grill. All in all, I'll still carry where I can. I hope I'll never have to use it anywhere, let alone a CC. But you know what, the people at

this McDonalds (in a 'gun free' England) didn't think they would ever encounter a gunman at McDonalds. Nor did these people when they went to church service. Again, you can't control that wild 3rd party, but you can control the situation.

In my bag you'll find:

SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

I remember hearing a news story a few years ago about an a-hole off duty cop who pulled his gun on the group behind for hitting up on him. I think having a gun on the course is asking for trouble.
Just having a gun with you doesn't mean you can avoid or even change the outcome of a random act of violence against you. If someone is pointing a gun at you and you reach for yours you will probably be shot before you can get it out and chamber a round...
By the way, I am a gun owner.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4815...subid=10101561

In my Sticks stand bag:
Driver: 4DX Draw 9.5
3W: Pinseeker Ti
3H: 4DX IW
4H: 4DX IWIrons: X-20 steelWedges: CG14 52, MP-T 56Putter: Marxman malletGPS: SkyCaddie SG5

If someone is pointing a gun at you and you reach for yours you will probably be shot before you can get it out and chamber a round...

Every situation is different so it would be without merit to say that scenario will present itself everytime. I won't risk being shot if I have no opportunity to defend myself. But if you do have the opportunity for self-defense with a sidearm - well, that is different. You wouldn't even have that option if you don't have your carry.

In my bag you'll find:

if im packin and having a bad round, somebodys getting shot.

This is the worst idea I ever heard. Id shoot up my clubs, my balls, my cart, you name it.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

This is getting mad!, your all saying I carry a gun because I 'might' need it, because some mad man 'might' come out of the trees and attack me. So far all but one of you has told us their gun has ever been of any use.
You are coming across as paranoid and obsessive, WHY do you need guns so bad, when you will probably never use it and the danger the guns bring is irreversible. I have been to Disney World (as you do as a kid) and theres full grown men just carrying guns around a theme park, I mean what is Mickey Mouse going to shoot you . Obviously I will never understand this because I do not live in America, but come on, surely guns are not as necessary as your making them out to be.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I remember hearing a news story a few years ago about an a-hole off duty cop who pulled his gun on the group behind for hitting up on him. I think having a gun on the course is asking for trouble.

Bad cops is a topic all unto itsself.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

if im packin and having a bad round, somebodys getting shot.

And that is why

*YOU* should never be allowed to carry.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

There was no intent with the thread.

I was simply wondering who/how many carried on the course, and I was hopeing for tips on the best ways to do it. I never expected the thread to make it to page 3 much less page 15. I've got my answer.. They can delete the entire thread now if they want to.

Hit a worm burner at your attacker. They'll think twice.

Hell throw a ball down and hit driver off the deck at them. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

golf and guns are not compatible- i cannot imagine carrying a piece at my course....insanity must not prevail.

With the sort of mentality that is being exhibited on this forum its no wonder the world has become a more dangerous place recently.

golf and guns are not compatible- i cannot imagine carrying a piece at my course....

I think I see the problem here.

Quit trying to put golf and guns together. Concealed carrying a gun, is like wearing a wristwatch. It has nothing to do with your golf game. It's only purpose is to be a tool if you need it. Its legal to carry a hidden gun in 38 states. Odds are (assuming you have ever been to the states) you have encountered hundreds of people carrying and never even knew it. When the law first passed, almost every business posted notices on their doors that you could not legally carry inside their buildings. Once a couple years went by, and people/businesses saw those who choose to carry as assets instead of liabilities, the signs slowly came down and now you can carry in many more places. My point is... Those who carry on the course, don't say; "Honey, I'm going golfing. Where's my bag and my gun?" Most of them carry no matter where they go or what they are doing. My curiosity with this thread, was much more with wondering if people carried while golfing due to movement restrictions. It's been a great thread. The civility (not to mention the articulation) of this thread really speaks to the caliber of golfers. Bravo!

golf and guns are not compatible- i cannot imagine carrying a piece at my course....insanity must not prevail.

'The sort of mentality' as what, wanting to protect myself? The world is not a more dangerous place because of me. I don't go around robbing people. I don't go around showing off my gun. So is church and guns inconceivable? How about a fast food restaurant and guns? What about a school and guns? Funny, all the places that were mentioned have been rocked by violent assaults by criminals with guns. And people like me have nothing to do with it. Your emotion without substantive fact is just that - emotion.

In my bag you'll find:

This is getting mad!, your all saying I carry a gun because I 'might' need it, because some mad man 'might' come out of the trees and attack me. So far all but one of you has told us their gun has ever been of any use.

Really, you can open or conceal carry at Disney World? That's a new one on me. I mean, I worked there in college on the WDW College Program and then go every other year and on the ticket and at the gate it says 'no weapons allowed'. I've NEVER seen anyone carry there. So where oh where did you see these guns? Paranoid and obsessive. Nope. Not here. The biggest thing you said that made any sense is that I will 'probably never use it'. I hope not. But that one word, 'probably', leaves open the fact that I might need it. And I'd rather have it than not have it. That's not being paranoid. I have no theory that bad men await around every corner to jump me so I must have a gun with me. I do have the theory that there are bad men out there that have jumped people and I will protect myself accordingly. And I'm glad only one person has said there gun has had use in the civi world. That's the way I hope it would be.

In my bag you'll find:

Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!