IGNORED

SIM 2 Hybrid vs. Fairway Wood

Note: This thread is 1175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to my local simulator yesterday for a 'recreational' round of golf. While there and warming up, my pro asked if I had hit the new TM SIM2 driver yet. Nope. Well, after 20 balls with the SIM2 and my older XXIO X, I ordered the new SIM2. Then, just for fun, I asked about fairways and hybrids to compare to my Ping G 4 hybrid, 3 and 5 woods. I loved them all the new SIM2s. 

My pro suggested I try the SIM2 7 wood to replace the hybrid - same loft.

Wow - more consistency, more height, more distance, less roll out.

So, now I'm considering replacing the 4 hybrid in my bag with a 7 wood.

I'm a little concerned the 7 wood won't be as versatile as the hybrid but I thought I would ask the braintrust of this forum.

Comments? TIA

Mark in Colorado

• iacas changed the title to SIM 2 Hybrid Vs. Fairway Wood
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Groundhog34 said:

I use a 7 wood instead of a 3 or 4 iron hit it about 185. My next club is a 5 hybrid. I do not hit it out of rough only from fairway. It is about as hard to hit as a 5 wood.

Thanks for the feedback.  That is what I am thinking.  I'm going to give that a try.

Mark in Colorado

• iacas changed the title to SIM 2 Hybrid vs. Fairway Wood
Note: This thread is 1175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!