IGNORED

least busy time to golf

augafan48
Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am going golfing tommorrow as I have the day off of school, but i thought, most people have the day off of work as well, and I am taking my friend who is new to golf, and I dont want to be playing on a busy time of day with him, so what is the least busy time of day at a course normally? I was going to go bout 11, but what do you guys think.?

In the Maxfli X Carry Bag

Driver- Callaway FT-3 Fusion- Stiff
3 wood- Titleist 904F
Hybrid- Ping G10- 21 degreesIrons-4-PW Titleist DCI's Wedges- 52, 56, 60 Classic 11'sPutter- Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

I know at my course the slowest time is the last hour - hour and a half before prices drop. Like right now the price decreases at 4pm (you are basically paying for 9 holes). So if i sneak out of work early i know there will be free tee times between 2:30 and 3:52. All i pay is cart fees so the extra $8 isnt a big deal.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually find around 2 pm is a good time, after the morning and lunch crowd tees off. Also as the previous poster said you can beat the "twilighters". Or if you are only playing 9 holes go about 5:15 pm, gives you 2 hours to play 9 holes usually at cheaper rate.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I think 11AM should work perfect for you. When I was not working and enjoying my severance, I would tee off around that time. I rarely encountered any delays and generally, I was teeing off either solo or with one of my buddies.

I'm going to miss playing during the week.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

because it is good friday, do you think it may be a bit more crowded than normal?

In the Maxfli X Carry Bag

Driver- Callaway FT-3 Fusion- Stiff
3 wood- Titleist 904F
Hybrid- Ping G10- 21 degreesIrons-4-PW Titleist DCI's Wedges- 52, 56, 60 Classic 11'sPutter- Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

because it is good friday, do you think it may be a bit more crowded than normal?

Call the golf course early tomorrow morning. Find out how many tee times or groups have been booked before your desired time. You can then make your decision. I played last Labor Day. I figured it was Monday, it's a travel day, people are barbecuing. I got a 1030AM tee time and finished the front nine in a little over 3 hours. Yes, 3 hours. Worst golfing experience, ever.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

At my club (private) 11:00 to 1:30 is when nobody is around. Public courses in LA are jam packed no matter the time of day.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!