IGNORED

Mizuno Iron Combos

Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been thinking for a long time about changing out my longer irons 3-5 irons for more of a player iron. I have been gaming Mizuno MP32 for almost 10 years now and love them to death. I want to keep Mizuno in my bag. What are some popular combos for Mizuno blades that are maybe just a step down from blades? I want to keep them more in line with blade style vs bulky high handicapper irons.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, weil2020 said:

I have been thinking for a long time about changing out my longer irons 3-5 irons for more of a player iron. I have been gaming Mizuno MP32 for almost 10 years now and love them to death. I want to keep Mizuno in my bag. What are some popular combos for Mizuno blades that are maybe just a step down from blades? I want to keep them more in line with blade style vs bulky high handicapper irons.

Thanks!

I play MP-59 currently and they are fairly forgiving in the 4-6 irons. They have a titanium insert in the center which allows them to increase MOI by moving weight towards they heel and toe. I’ve played MP-60, MP-57 and have an MP-68 6 iron. I like the 59s better in the long irons. Short irons were fairly similar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

The JPX 921 tours with either the JPX 921 Forged or hot metal pro's. 

Personally I am not a big fan of mix sets. so I went with the forged set. waiting for them to arrive.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, boogielicious said:

I play MP-59 currently and they are fairly forgiving in the 4-6 irons. They have a titanium insert in the center which allows them to increase MOI by moving weight towards they heel and toe. I’ve played MP-60, MP-57 and have an MP-68 6 iron. I like the 59s better in the long irons. Short irons were fairly similar.

I'm gaming the 59's now also, I find the long irons harder to hit, so I ordered the JPX 921 Forged. hoping to game them soon. 

IMG_5573.jpeg

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

10 minutes ago, tomvk77nl said:

Personally I am not a big fan of mix sets. so I went with the forged set. waiting for them to arrive.

I'm gaming the 59's now also, I find the long irons harder to hit, so I ordered the JPX 921 Forged. hoping to game them soon. 

IMG_5573.jpeg

Let us know how you like them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I play the JPX 921 forged from the 7 iron down to  the gap wedge. I have a JPX 921 hot metal pro 5 and 6 iron. This set is absolutely prefect for me (3 and 4 hybrids). 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

3 hours ago, tomvk77nl said:

I had that set for a while. I went to a Combo set with Srixon. Though I am thinking of dropping my 4 iron for another hybrid. I like the extra game improvement in the long irons. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Let us know how you like them.

Oh i will. I went true a fitting, I could have gone with the tours also, but these where just better with the slight off center hits, and because the slightly stronger lofts I could easy loose my 3 iron and go with my strong 3 hybrid ( Titleist 818H1 19 deg. set in D1 so actually 18 ) and 4 iron in the set, and get an extra wedge in. still waiting on the irons and wedges to arrive. I tested the taylormade P770 and Titleist T200. I could have tried ping and callaway also but with ping I just hate the look of the hosel, and well I was never a fan of callaway, so I didn't even bother hitting them. I did play with taylormade and Titleist irons in the past. I had the TP irons before my MP 59's my first new set of irons where the MP 32's.

But for irons I think it is just ones you had Mizuno you kinda stick with them.

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I had that set for a while. I went to a Combo set with Srixon. Though I am thinking of dropping my 4 iron for another hybrid. I like the extra game improvement in the long irons. 

I am hitting my hybrids further than I hit my irons, so I don't want more than a 3 hybrid, ones the new irons are in the bag I will prob move back to the A1 setting in my hybrid, it will be 19 degrees than over just 21 in the 4 iron. but because the hybrid goes longer it fits the gap

• 2 weeks later...

I start to really like the JPX irons, I played the mans competition yesterday and shot a 78. Could have been better but the concentration dropped near the end so I finished with 3 straight bogeys. it took me some time before I got used to the irons tho, I do hit them further than i hit the old ones, because of the stronger lofts I think, it doesn't fit my mind to hit a pitching wedge from 135yards out. makes me want those new wedges I ordered even more ( sm8 50,55,60). But I just love the irons, even when I am just off center the ball still goes, makes me much more precise on my approaches, I mean I still miss left and right but I am pin high a lot more.

Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!