IGNORED

Taylormade r7. Draw Vs Superquad

Note: This thread is 5877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So Im switching drivers. I think ive come to the conclusion i want the R7. But there is like 9 billion different types of r7's. So i was hoping for some advice on which one to buy.
I realize that the superquad is more expensive and what not. I'm not super concerned with cost. I dont wanna spend over 300, but what im saying is if the Draw will deliver better results than the superquad then i will go with the draw. I have a pretty bad slice if i dont pay attention to what im doing.
So any advice would be sweet.

Yes i am ditching the cleveland for a stupid reason. haha. Dont ask.

try ebay the r7 draws are going for 70$ i would also try the ping g10 it is amazing

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Yeah it was a toss up between the G10 and the R7... Im a freaking nerd... and those weights totally sold me. I probably will mess with them once.

there are no weights on the R7 draw - it is fixed to the draw setting. The R7 425 & 460 have moveable weights as does the superquad

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

there are no weights on the R7 draw - it is fixed to the draw setting. The R7 425 & 460 have moveable weights as does the superquad

The R7 460 draw has weights. I mean i could be mistaken but i know that there is a weight there... I dont know if its adjustable.

The R7 460 draw has weights. I mean i could be mistaken but i know that there is a weight there... I dont know if its adjustable.

The r7 Draw has weights > but they are FIXED in a draw bias.

I would suggest the draw, only if you have a certain fade and/or slice with your drive. The draw bias counteracts this.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Sorry for the barrage of stupid questions but would i be able to set the weights in the superquad to have a draw?

Yes you can.

Check out the T'Made wesbite for more information.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Try out the r7 425 as well--a very solid driver that is workable...Best Wishes

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

So Im switching drivers. I think ive come to the conclusion i want the R7. But there is like 9 billion different types of r7's. So i was hoping for some advice on which one to buy.

Just my opinion (and since I know nothing about your golf swing except you say you have a slice) but I would get the the r7 460 ($200) which can be set for a draw bias and spend the other $100 on some lessons to work out the slice. However, I would first find a launch monitor to find what degree head and shaft combination works best for you. Also, I know you said you wanted the r7 because of the weights but they really aren't that big of a deal. I've had the r7 and the r7 460 TP and I've never changed the weights from the neutral setting. My point, have fun and try out as many drivers as you can.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have had the r7 460 the wieghts dont really work unless you have a perfect swing like the robot they used to develop those drivers

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I had the r7 draw for about 3 hours. Horrible driver. Does not fix slices at all.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I had the r7 draw for about 3 hours. Horrible driver. Does not fix slices at all.

Well i dont want a driver that will fix my slice... I should probably take those matters into my own hands. Thats sort of my point... I would like something to help but no rely on. I dont know what to do... There is a golf show this weekend maybe ill just go there and get talked into something.

I just purchased a R7 460 Super quad to replace my Calaway 460 that I could slice more then 90 degree's! ;) Let me say that I only sliced my driver everything else is pretty straight if I set up properly, maybe a slight fade.

Last week I went on a short getway with the wife at River Marsh Golf Club in Maryland. I met a very helpful instructor, Joe Wallman at the resort. He had several demo drivers available, G-10, R7 draw, Titeliest, Cobra, etc. and set me up on the range with all of them.

I worked my through the lineup a few times. I really wanted to like the G-10 but in the end the Super Quad - 9.5 degree stood out. Joe had set it up in a draw configuration with the weights.

Joe let me play 18 holes with the Super Quad and really enjoyed it. I had my GPS with me and in a 20-25 MPH wind (gusty) I was 214 dead into the wind and 293 with the wind. I also recorded a 244 in a cross wind and a 277 with a cross/with wind hole.

With my old driver I had to slow my hands down to prevent a slice and that killed my club head speed and distance. I think a stiffer shaft would have solved that (callaway regular flex) but who knows.

I used the new Scorecard software posted on this site and tracked the my stats...

Hit 58% of the fairways as apposed to 38% the day before with my other driver and breezy conditions. I had some (8) 3 putts the day I had the demo driver in the wind vs. (3) 3 putts the day before. I shot 99 the first day and 98 the second day in 25 MPH winds. If I had not 3 putted so much that would have been a significant improvement for me.

I know those scores are high but I just started playing last summer and have only play maybe 10 times on real grass.... Lots of time on the range and several lessons.

He matched the online prices so I ordered it from him, well worth the price with the included service from Joe and the resort staff.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Superquad best money on a drive you will ever spend. LOVE IT!
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Note: This thread is 5877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!