IGNORED

Best Time of Year to Buy Equipment?

Note: This thread is 1129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here in the north, March is the time of year when the golf bug hits. The anticipation is high and I usually find myself wanting to upgrade some equipment for the new season. However, it's also the most expensive time, it seems. Very few sales or discounts. I am sure retailers want to capitalize on the spring fever. But that begs the question, what is the best time of year to buy golf equipment? Late season (fall)? Dead of winter? 

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would reckon end of the golfing season, whenever that is where you live, end of the year/black Friday when you have discounts and just before the new releases are out, since last years models will be discounted.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I would reckon end of the golfing season, whenever that is where you live, end of the year/black Friday when you have discounts and just before the new releases are out, since last years models will be discounted.

Right here^

I purchased like new equipment from CPO during black friday days, which seems to get extended longer every year, at about half the price. If you are willing to buy a years old technology, this is the way to go. For example, I got a Mavrik Max driver for $260 delivered, which was probably $500 just 6 months earlier.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

If you're okay with previous year's models, it always seems like prices drop when new releases start coming out. I bought a new Cobra F9 driver when the Speedzone line came out for about half price, although Cobra does have more competetive pricing model than other brands. As mentioned, Callaway pre-owned has some pretty great sales too, and the equipment always seems to come in better condition than the stated rating, and I have purchased "like new" equipment that looks like it has never been hit.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!