IGNORED

Best Simple Golf Watch?

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had an old Garmin watch for about 8 years now. It does nothing but display the yardage to the center of the green. I love the simplicity and ease of use. I glance down and it tells me the yardage. No buttons to push, nothing fancy. 

Well, it's about dead now, so I am looking to replace it with something similar. I was looking at the Garmin Approach S10 Lightweight Watch. It's $100 and seems to be the "newer" version of my old simple watch. Anyone have any experience? 

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used a Garmin S20 for awhile before I switched to ShotScope. No complaints with Garmin, but I wanted to try something with shot tracking and statistics, and I didn't like the Garmin web/phone interface for that. I had no issues with the basic yardage functions though. I assume the S10 would be similarly good for yardages, etc. Not sure about other features like score keeping, shot tracking, but doesn't seem like you want that anyways.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I mentioned Bushnell in above post, and wouldn't hesitate to get another. Although, looking at the Garmin you are thinking of, looks like a great watch for the price. I like simplicity when it comes to a gps watch, and the Garmin looks pretty good. 

• Like 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• 4 months later...

Old thread… but I have a Garmin Fenix 6 and I use it with the Garmin golf app. I like it. I don’t have the Garmin sensors but they are compatible with the Fenix.

I originally bought if for hiking and now use if for golf and hiking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!