IGNORED

Golf - best game ever

Borf
Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The uniqueness of golf, for me, is that I never root against my opponent. I don't like to see anyone struggle. It's me against the course and not against someone else. I offer assistance when asked and try to be as accomodating as possible.

This would never happen in baseball or basketball. You're struggling? Too bad.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Great book, and a great movie too.

yah, great movie too, until it came out as a movie, there was only one golf movie that was widely regarded as great and that was "caddy shack"

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

The uniqueness of golf, for me, is that I never root against my opponent. I don't like to see anyone struggle. It's me against the course and not against someone else. I offer assistance when asked and try to be as accomodating as possible.

while i never as well, root for someone to play poorly, some folks i play with throw such ridiculous over-the-top temper tantrums that i find it funny when it happens

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

hmmm....no

I would actually take a sweet drive over an orgasm at times, haha..

- Golf is a game that cleans my head and lets me focus on relaxing. There are times when it is not so relaxing but hey, it's just a game and I am not getting paid to play so who cares. - Golf lets me get in tune with my surroundings and helps me to realize how precious life is, because without it.. there would be no golf. - Golf lets me meet new people and share good times with friends. - Golf helps me to spend my pay cheques on enjoying myself and not waking up with a hangover on the weekends. -Golf is a sport that I will be able to play my entire life and I look forward to every minute of it. Great game, Great sport, Great times.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Golf will help me make buddies with my bosses and CEO's!
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Every once in a while I like the solitude of walking the course by myself when no one is out there. Just me against the course, taking in the beauty of the surroundings and hitting relaxed shot after relaxed shot. I usually play pretty well!

It is agony and ecstasy; sturm und drang; a somewhat humbling, yet altogether satisfying experience, quite unlike any experience described by Mr. Twain. It is for my money, the best game ever invented. In fact, it is many games rolled into one: a long game, a medium game, a short game, a strategic game; a game requiring great nerve, patience and courage. It is perhaps best when shared with those for whom one cares, most especially one's children; but it can also reach an apogee as time well spent in the company of one's own gender.

Considering its roots, it has never ocurred to me to try playing it in the company of sheep. Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..........

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Golf is great because unlike most other sports, you can have a group of guys with wide spread ability and still have a competetive game. Try that with basketball, tennis, football or anything else. You can also have a good time playing alone or with a big group. The course is going to shot par on every hole and it's your job to try and beat it. My favorite part though may be the fact that for 1 shot or one hole or even a few holes I can play as well as the best players in the world.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Considering its roots, it has never ocurred to me to try playing it in the company of sheep. Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..........

with rising fuel costs, sheep may be making a comeback

with rising fuel costs, sheep may be making a comeback

Actually, they never left my plate. MMMMMMMMMMMMM.... Of course, had sheep been used in "Deliverance," poor Ned Beatty would have been spared being greeted so often with, "Squeal Like a pig!"

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Golf is a challenge that can't be manipulated or negotiated. When I first started playing, I gave myself lots of mulligans, foot wedges, and improved lies. Now I savor playing "straight up", because I really want to know if I am getting better. I enjoy working on my game, sneaking away to the driving range, playing early in the morning while my family is still asleep. Golf is my love affair, and the bitch can hurt me like no other. But she can sure feel nice

I took my wife for the very first time this last week. All she did was drive the cart and read her book, but around the third hole, she had the sun on her legs and it was quiet and peaceful.. She looked at me with a big smile and said "Now I know why you and dad like this so much."

Bingo!

She plans to join me more often this season. (queue the dance of joy!)

Yes.. Golf is the greatest game ever. Even us big boys can feel like athletes.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!