IGNORED

Golf - best game ever

Borf
Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Walking down the fairway, searching for your golf ball in the woods, chipping in, hitting out of bunkers, having the honor off the tee, getting snacks after 9 holes, hearing the sound of the golf ball drop into the hole, having the long drive in your group

golf is the best, these are some of my favorite things while playing

feel free to share some of yours

Golf is truly an amazing game. One of the few games/sports where you can truly learn about yourself at a deep leverl, and constantly challenge yourself. And it is so harmonious with nature, which is so important. A lot of people don't realize that golf is something very spiritual.

For me, the golf course is a sanctuary. I love all the things you mentioned, plus the whole overall "feel" of the game. All my other stresses dissapear on the course because when I'm playing, I'm focusing on self improvement and playing makes me feel content.

I didn't realize a lot of this 'till I moved to NYC, the "anti-golf." I'd rather play golf every weekend then get all sloppy at a bar, any time.

Most of our manicured fairways are a long ways from the natural links courses of the past. Bring back the links !

I agree! I do enjoy most American courses simply because being outside is so much nicer than being inside... but I must say few courses I've played here could be considered anywhere CLOSE to Port Marnock outside Dublin, which was one of the coolest experienced (and only true links course) I've experienced.... just amazing..... the rolling fairways and mounds, crazy long grass, hitting 250 yard 6 irons and 140 yard drivers... having to aim towards the ocean... it is much, much more strategic and every shot is a truly unique experience on courses like that. It is like golf and chess combined.

Golf has taught me patience, a word I had never heard of before until i picked up a golf club.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

"the greatest game ever played"

recommend for those who haven't read

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

the great thing about golf is that no matter how bad you are, once in a while you hit a beauty of a shot

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

the great thing about golf is that no matter how bad you are, once in a while you hit a beauty of a shot

true, is the cup 1/32 full or 31/32 empty?

the feel of a well hit drive rivals that of an orgasm, just a scintillating feeling that puts a bounce in your step for the remainder of the day

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

[QUOTE=ArjunGFX;118961]golf is something very spiritual.
QUOTE]

Come on

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

"the greatest game ever played"

Great book, and a great movie too.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

the feel of a well hit drive rivals that of an orgasm, just a scintillating feeling that puts a bounce in your step for the remainder of the day

hmmm....no

I enjoy the game for most of the reasons all ready stated, but more so for the fact that you can be horrible at playing and still enjoy it. I have played with people that are from scratch to 20+ handicaps and they all had the same love for the game.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Golf is fun but I really prefer playing hide the salami.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

hmmm....no

either you are very short off the tee or very short...

either you are very short off the tee or very short...

I think he has the right to say it's not the most fun game.

If I was still healthy enough, I would be playing so much basketball I would forget where I put my clubs.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!