• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
r7 425

The Most Forgiving Clubs?

r7 425    0
What are the most forgiving clubs as far as irons,drivers, hybrids, etc that you had the chance of hitting...my personal favorite for the driver was the Cobra Speed Ld and for irons the Ping Eye 2's....Thanks

nykfan4life    1
What are the most forgiving clubs as far as irons,drivers, hybrids, etc that you had the chance of hitting...my personal favorite for the driver was the Cobra Speed Ld and for irons the Ping Eye 2's....Thanks

Ping Eye 2 are forgiving irons, but by no means the most forgiving. Even though I think that the Eye 2 are a better overall iron, but the R7 CGB Max irons are, imho a lot more forgiving.

marpr    0

i actually hit a set of stiff steel Cleveland Hibore hybrids at a demo day. I actually hit a 3-5-7-9 iron/hybrid.

they are by far the most forgiving > easy-to-hit clubs ive ever hit (i rarely even carry my own hybrid > opting for my 18 degree 2-iron). but, i could not even try to get these working left-to-right or right-to-left. great for a high to mid handicapper who wants to hit it straight and has no time to practice. driver > the taylormade ti burner when it came out! wow!

r7 425    0
What about the Adams Tight Lies Irons--you know the original ones with the graphite tip--arent those really forgiving?

nykfan4life    1
What about the Adams Tight Lies Irons--you know the original ones with the graphite tip--arent those really forgiving?

I haven't tried them. The most forgiving irons I have tried are, as previously mentioned, the r7 CGB MAX and the new Big Berthas. sumo irons look to be just as forgiving, haven't hit them. Don't expect to either, as I have no plans on buying super-GI irons ever.

ElTigre    0
Another set of mega forgiving irons are the Cobra UFI's.
It even stands for Ultimate Forgiveness Irons

And for drivers, maybe the Burner or Callaway FT-i

r7 425    0
The Nike SUMO square hybrids fly really really straight no matter where you hit them...Also Titleist Vokey wedges are very soft and forgiving

nykfan4life    1
The Nike SUMO square hybrids fly really really straight no matter where you hit them...Also Titleist Vokey wedges are very soft and forgiving

really? I never though them to be forgiving. The most forgiving wedges I have ever tried(real wedges) are Ping iWedge(which is actaully based on the ping eye2) and the Cleveland CG14.