IGNORED

Titleist 905

Note: This thread is 1069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Titleist says (emphasis added is my own):

The 905S™ is a Tour-proven deep face driver that provides a flatter initial launch angle and reduced spin. Due to its smaller front-to-back size, the CG is closer to the face to promote a more boring trajectory. The deep face combined with a low CG provide reduced spin making the 905S ideal for the higher speed or higher spin player who needs more trajectory and shot control.

The 905T™ is a Tour-proven larger profile driver that provides an optimal combination of ball speed, launch and spin for longer tee shots with a penetrating downrange trajectory. Due to its larger front-to-back profile and resulting increased dynamic loft, the 905T is a versatile driver with high launch and moderate to low spin characteristics. The better player will prefer its optimum ball flight, while the aspiring player will benefit from the increased size and playability.

The 905R™ is a Tour-proven 460cc pear shaped titanium driver with shallow face for players seeking the ultimate combination of ball speed, launch angle, spin and forgiveness. The 905R has a 35% larger sweet spot than the 905T and 905S.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

How do they compare to the Callaway Great Big Bertha I already own? Would it be worth a 100 bucks to upgrade to the Titleist?

Edited by kbbgood

35 minutes ago, kbbgood said:

How do they compare to the Callaway Great Big Bertha I already own? Would it be worth a 100 bucks to upgrade to the Titleist?

Can you test the two clubs side by side.  Then it would be easier.  Because shaft and head specs can make a difference.  Also, what are your criteria for a better driver.  I would assume dispersion and length

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

No, haven't bought one yet. That is what I am trying to figure out before I spend the money. Is it worth 100 bucks if it doesn't improve my game.  My Bertha is a little touchy as where I hit the face. But is the Titleist easier to deal with. I'm too old to go buying a new driver so 2nd swing is the best I can do.

42 minutes ago, kbbgood said:

No, haven't bought one yet. That is what I am trying to figure out before I spend the money. Is it worth 100 bucks if it doesn't improve my game.  My Bertha is a little touchy as where I hit the face. But is the Titleist easier to deal with. I'm too old to go buying a new driver so 2nd swing is the best I can do.

Only buy a used driver without testing if you know your shaft/head specs. If it is wrong for your swing, it might not be your swing causing problems, rather the setup being wrong for you.  And that also applies to your existing driver.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I have found that Titleist is the driver for me quite a while ago.  When I found my 905T out of a bargain club can (since it dates to around 2004) for $50, there was no hesitation. and it is my player today for the last couple years.  It is an absolute hammer.  Straight as an arrow.  I have been hunting for a 460 Titleist driver just curious of what the bigger more modern head might offer but I can be really patient as this 905T smokes.  Aldila NV 65R shaft with tour wrap Lamkin fits my 65yo swing.  6' 220lbs. I'm not one to spend for a new No1 either.
20210531_192421.thumb.jpg.1122b28728164ba42adddd04b5dc4e87.jpg20210531_192722.thumb.jpg.b61c131eb32167e24b254c668e43535d.jpg

I don't know if it'll improve your game but it'll make you confident off the tee.

Edited by burr

Note: This thread is 1069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!