IGNORED

Excersise to be on plane. (Backswing)

Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi. Yesterday I was recording my swing and I discovered a lot of issues to work to try to be better.

I will try to explain what is happening. In my backswing I'm breaking the plane, I'm taking the club to the inside. At the top the club isn't online but I already figured out how to put it online at the top, but is crossing the plane, something like Daly or Mickelson do at the top o the backswing. When I start the dowswing I get evrething on plane and hit the ball squared.

But I want to have a good looking backswing and maintain my downswing and follow through.

So what kind of excersise I should focus to correct the plane in my backswing?

When I have the chance to upload the video I will put it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

the best thing that works for me is to move everything away at the same time: shoulders arms hands and club, maintaining the triangle formed at set up. then around waist high just fold your right(left if your a lefty) elbow and bring your left arm up across your chest to alow the club to travel up over your right shoulder. just remember to make sure you bring your left arm high enough, but not too high. you should be able to see a small gap(one or two inches) at the top between your left arm and right shoulder in a mirror. practicing your backswing while standing up against a wall will help you from taking it too far inside. this will also help create the width you need for more power with your driver and woods.

Thanks mate, in fact I don't have problems with power hehe, but I will put attention in what you said, thanks for your comment.

I was wondering, does this problem maybe pcaused because I use the standard lie of the clubs? Maybe if I use +1 in the lie of the club could fix this problem? Because I understand that I'm doing it to came square to the ball at impact.

Thanks!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Hi. Yesterday I was recording my swing and I discovered a lot of issues to work to try to be better.

There are many different planes in the swing. There is the shoulder plane, there is the hip plane, there is the original shaft plane (at address), a plane formed by the shaft when your left arm reaches paralllel in backswing, top of swing planes related to your arms and/or shoulders, a left arm parallel downswing plane, a hip high downswing shaft plane, an impact shaft angle plane, and a left arm parallel through swing shaft plane. No to mention a buch of other planes. What you consider being on plane may not be the same as what someone else may consider on plane

Being across the line (club pointing right of target at the top) is not necessarily a bad thing. If that is in fact what you are doing. There are many major champions (and multiple tour winners) who swing across the line at the top, so its not necessarly an aweful thing. Plus it all depends on how much you turn in the backswing and where the camera is positioned. If you don't take your swing all the way back your clubshaft will look layed off, but if you turn a large amount that same swing could have the clubshaft looking across the line. Is your camera positioned half way between your feet and the ball (and at belt buckle high) from the down the target line view? If your camera is more toward the ball then it will give the illusion that your swing is more to the inside, flat, and across the line. If your camera is closer to your feet than the ball then there will be the illusion that you are swinging to the outside, upright, and layed off. What Mickelson (used to do) and Daly does is go past parallel not crossing the plane. (Although you can do both). They are two different things. I'd prefer to see your video before offering any recommendations. After all I wouldn't want to give you recommendations based on misunderstanding, and make your swing more complicated and/or worse.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

^^Hehe yeah you're right there are a lot of planes LOL, I will say that maybe is the takeaway of the club, is that right? I have a lot of shoulder turn that's why maybe I pass the parallel (sorry that is why I try to said hehehe), but I will try to upload the video, only I need to pass from .vob to .mpeg or some compatible format to upload it.

Thanks for your help.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I have watched slo-mo videos of the tour pros. The downswing appears to be shallower than the upswing.

I like Ringer's video which teaches that the swing should be a simple pendulum, ie manipulation is the enemy of a fluid swing. Use a shoulder turn to start the pendulum up and use a weight shift to start the pendulum down.

Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!