IGNORED

Are Cleveland Tour Action 900 Wedges Tour Legal?

Jack50
Note: This thread is 983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A friend suggested my 60 degree Cleveland Tour Action 900 wedge wasn't legal to play with, not on tour at least. Just wondered if anyone knew before I go down the rabbit hole of researching it? Many thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Jack50 said:

A friend suggested my 60 degree Cleveland Tour Action 900 wedge wasn't legal to play with, not on tour at least. Just wondered if anyone knew before I go down the rabbit hole of researching it? Many thanks. 

It’s the grooves. 

https://www.usga.org/InfoClubsDB/ResultDisplay.aspx?clubtype=Wedge&Manf=Cleveland Golf&Prod=Tour Action 900

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

57 minutes ago, Jack50 said:

OK. Thanks for this. Don’t want to be using a club the pros aren’t allowed. Feels wrong. 

Not necessarily.  “Clubs that conformed to the rules that were in effect prior to Jan. 1, 2010 will continue to conform to the Rules of Golf until at least 2024, unless the Condition is in effect.”

The “condition” they reference is a condition of competition. There are other conditions of competition, such as the one ball rule, and I don’t feel bad about not adhering to that. I also don’t routinely check my driver for coefficient of restitution to verify that it hasn’t changed. 

If it would affect participation if a high level competition, yeah, I’d switch. But other than that, they comply until 2024.  And since they worded it “at least,” I expect they’ll make some clarification in 2023–two years from now.

• Informative 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think I'll keep using it until 2024. Just as well since it is a decent club for me currently. Today it stalked the 50 yard flag on the range well. Thanks for the info everyone.

Note: This thread is 983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!