IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

I'm a Chief Information Officer for a Subrogation firm in South Park, PA
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

Well, I'm a bum at the moment. Finished up college about a year ago and took some time off for poker. That worked quite well for a while and then I stopped playing online when the UIGEA passed so I can't really call myself a poker player anymore. At the moment I am living off the winnings, playing a lot of golf, and hoping to avoid finding employment anytime soon.
Raor~

Driver: Integra SoooLong Quadratic 10.5* with Innovate 603 graphite shaft
3 Wood: Classic Tour HiGHLY 15* with Integra I-Drive graphite shaft (HiBore Clone)
Irons: Tour + C-Quence 3-SW Irons (Nike Pro Combo OS clones)Wedge: T7 TM Series 60* Lob Wedge (TaylorMade R7 Clone)Putter: STX Snyc 9750...

my life is essentially over, at least golf wise. I'm 22, recent college graduate and am just begining my professional career. I am a Mutual Fund Portfolio Administrator for State Street. I'm essentially a custodian banker, tracking and securing all the administrative aspects of mutual funds. This is my first week and am already going insane, I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's going to take some time. I logged 83 rounds of golf from April to October 21st. From what I've experienced at my job so my days will be long, this saddens me.

How have people dealt with this nec. transition in life? Working is an obvious reality for 99.9& of people in this world, how do the professionals in this group get out on the course without having to lie about being sick and their standard vacation days?

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Kia Ora everyone. I work for Carter Holt Harvey New Zealand, sitting on folklifts all day.

in my bag...
Taylormade Superquad-9.5 degrees,TP stiff shaft,76grm
Titleist 904f-15 degree-fujikura
RAC mb irons 2-pw
RAC 60 degree
RAC 54 degree
Scotty Cameron TL3 putter
Titleist staff bag or a Taylormade R7 carrybag(depends on the golf course)

Thanks

Chief Financial Officer of a conglomerate of about 100 corporations; overall a medium sized business. Ex-Price Waterhouse CPA (audit). Now spend most of my time in business planning, complex income tax matters, information system changes and resolving major business problems.

Live on a 7 acre estate in a rural area (having a 7 acre yard is a major pain) in Arkansas. Dedicated bass fisherman since 1971, deer hunter, duck hunter, Corvette enthusiast, Triumph motorcycle enthusiast and a lover of Science Fiction.

One son, an English professor at a major University. No grandchildren of my own, but present second wife has one daughter (a wealthy real estate tycoon at age 32) and two grandchildren.

Just got back into golf about 6 weeks ago after a 5 year layoff due to 3 heart attacks and a SUV rollover. Suprisingly to me at least my game has come back very quickly and at age 59 am playing more like I was in my late 20s than I have since that time. Was an easy scratch golfer in college at a school with no golf team (didn't even know schools gave golf scholarships when I attended). Have a few tournament trophies and plaques from the 70's and 80's, but never really played any tournaments intentionally; mostly business/charity events.

I have played 14 complete rounds in six weeks and using my last 10, I am at a 9 handicap right now. My home course is short and reasonably easy, but the greens are tiny at about a 500 sq. foot average. My short game has been the slowest to come back.

I am just starting to update my equipment and have been flabbergasted by the effect they have on the game. I thought I was going to have to move to the senior tees with my 15 year old TaylorMade Burner Bubble Driver, but then bought a new R7 460 Draw driver and my driving distance immediately increased nearly 50% and very straight. Needless to say I immediately went out and bought the TM Ti 3, 5 and 7 fairway "woods" and have been even more blown away from their performance. For the first time since I was in college I have confidence in being able to stick a green with a fairway wood. In fact, with these I pulled my 1-4 irons out of my bag and added a loft wedge.

I also went ahead and got an R7 460 Superquad and tour weight kit, but its going to take some fine tuning. The R7 460 Draw was near perfect just as is.

Still putting with a Ping A-1, anold friend, but have a new Ping long putter on order; its the new half head that is supposed to be released on 11/1/07. I just bought my wife a new "two ball" putter (Olympic?) that is so easy to line up it should be illegal.

New irons are next to replace my 15 year old Ping Zings. That's the main reason I am joining the forum. I need lots of good advice on new irons and I hope to find it here.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I work at a smallish bank in a very small town. I am called the Business Development Officer and Collections Officer. I do several other mostly boring but surprisingly interesting things.

Hey, SirMilton from Newport, your Greyhounds look REALLY good this year. Can they beat Warren?

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

FYI, SirMilton, for only 14 rounds, your index is the average of your best FIVE differentials (*.96).

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

For a living i go to school play golf as much as i can and work part time in a kebab house getting free food for good money

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

School and golf

Laws of golf :
LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.
In my stand bag:Driver: HiBore...

I'm an expatriate here in Saudi Arabia. I'm working as System Support Engineer dealing with HP9000 Systems and Proliant Servers. I have lots of time playing golf here while there is no much work to do. So basically, I get paid by playing gold even on weekdays.

----------------
Now playing: The Alan Parsons Project - Lucifer (Instrumental)
via FoxyTunes