IGNORED

Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation

TL308
Note: This thread is 997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to put an 18 degree fairway wood (Titleist TSi2) in the bag to complete some gapping issues. I am looking for some good options for shafts.  I play the Diamana TB in my driver and 3 wood and I RELLY like how smooth they feel.  What else out there produces this same amount of smoothness with not crazy low torque? I am not a heavy loader.  My driver swing speed is 105.  I have been looking in the Mitsubishi and Fujikura line.  Anything else I should be checking out?  Thanks.   

I can rattle off a bunch of other shafts that would work perfectly fine in a 5 wood. However they will in most cases have lower torque numbers, assuming you are going higher weight in the 5 wood. Are you wanting something different from the TB?

I could throw out Fuji Ventus Blue or Red just because it's so popular and most people seem to love it, but there are hundreds of shafts out there and a good number will work for most people if you get the weight correct.

I don’t know my driver swing speed.  I am about 240-250 carry max.  I have a Titleist 913F and have he 72g Diamana blue shaft.  It was the stock shaft but the pro who helped with my shaft selection said it was a very good shaft when he was checking out my equipment.   I believe the Titleist Tsi woods can use earlier model shafts.   I am decided whether or not to carry this shaft over over to a new Tsi when I buy it, or try other, newer ones.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I should have specified a weight, but I am looking for something in the 73-75 weight range.  So far I am going to check out the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw, Fujikura Ventus Red, and Fujikura Atmos tour.  I am not familiar with the Graphite design shafts at all.  

1 hour ago, TL308 said:

I should have specified a weight, but I am looking for something in the 73-75 weight range.  So far I am going to check out the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw, Fujikura Ventus Red, and Fujikura Atmos tour.  I am not familiar with the Graphite design shafts at all.  

Any of those would be good shafts. Seems like most people I know of who had Atmos switched over to Ventus though. 

Note: This thread is 997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!