IGNORED

Rifle Precision Flighted 7.0 Seems Reversed

Vanboom
Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently picked up a set of MP-33 with Rifle Precision Flighted 7.0 shafts.  I wanted a back up set to my gaming set of MP-4s with KBS Tour S+.  I do hit the ball fairly high and play Pro-V1.

It is my understanding that the flighted shafts would cause a higher ball flight in the long irons.  My experience is quite different based on two rounds of golf with these shafts.  Some shots come to mind.

I hit some 3I, 4I into a ~10mph wind that had absolutely perfect piercing trajectories.  The ball flight was perfect and I would say slightly lower even into the wind than my MP-4 3I.  

I hit a ballooning 7I into ~15mph wind that went up like a rocket - I have never seen such a ball flight from a 7I.

I hit some PW, 9I that launched ridiculously high.  They did not seem to balloon, but launch angle was steep and the apex was higher than my 56 deg wedge!

I have yet to get the lofts and lies checked, but wanted to post while first impressions were still fresh.  Has anyone experienced something similar with the Rifle Precision Flighted shafts?     Cheers!

• Administrator

Shafts can do different things for different people. It depends on when and how you load them, when and how they kick, etc.

Were you fit for them on a launch monitor?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Shafts can do different things for different people. It depends on when and how you load them, when and how they kick, etc.

Were you fit for them on a launch monitor?

This right here. Regardless of what a shaft is "supposed to do", different golfers will load and release the club differently and deliver different dynamic lofts among other things. Would for sure get the lofts checked and might also want to check the swing weights for consistency.

Honestly Flighted shafts have always been more of a marketing ploy than anything. All golf shafts are flighted technically speaking as the longer shafts have more flexible tip sections compared to the short irons.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Adam C said:

This right here. Regardless of what a shaft is "supposed to do", different golfers will load and release the club differently and deliver different dynamic lofts among other things. Would for sure get the lofts checked and might also want to check the swing weights for consistency.

Honestly Flighted shafts have always been more of a marketing ploy than anything. All golf shafts are flighted technically speaking as the longer shafts have more flexible tip sections compared to the short irons.

No I was not fit for them - just picked up a backup set of MP-33 from eBay to play around with.  I play KBS Tour S+ in my MP-4 set so I might swap the shafts out to do some testing in the MP-33.  I just found it interesting and wanted to post first impression that the Rifle 7.0 was ballooning on the short-mid irons.  A 7I today struck perfectly went up into the wind like a frisbee...never have seen that with the KBS Tour.  The 3I, 4I, 5I from the set fly perfectly.  I am dropping them off tomorrow to have the lofts and lies checked and will probably swap out the Rifles.  

Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!