IGNORED

New Clubs - When?

steady on
Note: This thread is 949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I’ve joined a club again and started playing regularly again after a gap of about 10 years.

I’m thoroughly enjoying it!😀😀 Generally shooting between 85 and 90 but my short game needs lots of work. Hey new handicap is 17.4.

The question I have though is about how much better if at all new clubs are.

I have a ping G25 driver, Nicklaus claw 3 wood, Wilson 3 hybrid, mizuno flihi 4 and 5 hybrid and yonex fms irons. I’m hitting them all okay on my good shots.

for me though it’s all about forgiveness, and extra 20 yards off the tee would be useful as well.

so I guess my clubs are all around 8-10 years old. In terms of achieving a bit more distance off tee and more forgiveness with the others. Would more modern clubs make a sufficient difference to make it worthwhile?

6 minutes ago, steady on said:

So, I’ve joined a club again and started playing regularly again after a gap of about 10 years.

I’m thoroughly enjoying it!😀😀 Generally shooting between 85 and 90 but my short game needs lots of work. Hey new handicap is 17.4.

The question I have though is about how much better if at all new clubs are.

I have a ping G25 driver, Nicklaus claw 3 wood, Wilson 3 hybrid, mizuno flihi 4 and 5 hybrid and yonex fms irons. I’m hitting them all okay on my good shots.

for me though it’s all about forgiveness, and extra 20 yards off the tee would be useful as well.

so I guess my clubs are all around 8-10 years old. In terms of achieving a bit more distance off tee and more forgiveness with the others. Would more modern clubs make a sufficient difference to make it worthwhile?

they could help, but the only way for you to tell is to bring your clubs to a shop and test them versus other new clubs. The G25 was a decent driver. I’ve played the Mizuno FliHi and they are also good. I have not tried the other clubs though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go to a local golf shop and try stuff out on a good launch monitor against your own clubs. Some places let you do it for free. Others may charge by the hour. As mentioned above, the driver is a good one, so may not see much improvement there. However, some of the newer drivers may give you more ball speed and lower spin, so you may find some better drivers. Generally, for me, the only clubs that get changed out are my driver and wedges because I’m quite fond of everything else in my bag, but even my driver is a few generations old. 

Edited by ncates00

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to New Clubs - When?
Note: This thread is 949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!