IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

Finished the full speed spectrum. Long interruption and the last two sessions had a significantly delay. 

What’s the difference between the Cruiser and Flex programs? I will likely do one of the two next as the golf season begins and my ability to stick to a speed program every 3 days is less.

image.png

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a description of all the programs: 

Programs and Training TheStack is a personal swing-speed trainer for golfers. Initially, each golfer is piloted through a series of swing speed tests to generate a force-velocity profile of their current swing. Qualitative data is...

I think cruiser is meant for maintaining speed and flex can do more than that. But I'm just basing that on the descriptions that I linked.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 3:29 PM, DeadMan said:

Most importantly, I don't think the Mevo is all that accurate with the swings. Around maybe 20% of the time, I'm getting misreads or no readings. For a misread, I mean around 10 mph under what I would expect.

My experiment with the Mevo might be over after my last session. When it works, my instinct is that it's pretty accurate. But when it doesn't work, it's pretty terrible. I've had multiple times where 2 consecutive swings are 15 mph different. My 4th and 5th swings with 195 grams last night registered as 97 mph and then 112 mph. Finally, my set with 195 went from 106 to 96 between 2 sessions. Neither of those changes make sense. And there's 0 chance I actually had a 96 mph set with the 195 gram weight. 

I hope a future firmware update will make the Mevo better, but I will probably go back to the swing speed radar for now. 

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

On 4/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, DeadMan said:

Here is a description of all the programs: 

Programs and Training TheStack is a personal swing-speed trainer for golfers. Initially, each golfer is piloted through a series of swing speed tests to generate a force-velocity profile of their current swing. Qualitative data is...

I think cruiser is meant for maintaining speed and flex can do more than that. But I'm just basing that on the descriptions that I linked.

I ended up going with cruiser. I think your description is right and flex is a bit more demanding. Hard to fit it all in right now so cruiser seems better for me to sustain the habit during the season and while making technique changes on evolvr

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

• Administrator
10 hours ago, DeadMan said:

My experiment with the Mevo might be over after my last session. When it works, my instinct is that it's pretty accurate. But when it doesn't work, it's pretty terrible. I've had multiple times where 2 consecutive swings are 15 mph different. My 4th and 5th swings with 195 grams last night registered as 97 mph and then 112 mph. Finally, my set with 195 went from 106 to 96 between 2 sessions. Neither of those changes make sense. And there's 0 chance I actually had a 96 mph set with the 195 gram weight. 

I hope a future firmware update will make the Mevo better, but I will probably go back to the swing speed radar for now. 

Did you email them (FlightScope)?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Did you email them (FlightScope)?

It's on my long to-do list...

-- Daniel

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_4123.jpeg

Got the Stack in November 2022, but my workouts with it have been sparse. I’ve never completed a program and I only do Return to Form because my body hasn’t felt great enough to do them often.

Thankfully that is changing now finally. I’ve spent two years doing regular needle work, nonstop gym workouts for three years, and over the last six months, a lot of stretching. My doctor graded me an F for mobility six months ago. He checked me again this week and gave me an A++ for improvement. Huge restoration of mobility in my hips, lumbar spine, thoracic spine and hamstrings. It’s helping so much for golf and of course speed. I still have a ways to go here but I’m probably at a B to Rory’s A+ for mobility.

I haven’t done much speed training but clearly I’m getting faster. Pretty happy to be where I am right now despite only scratching the surface of this. Hoping I can continue to build here. My goal is to start and complete the Foundation soon. Fingers crossed!

When I came back to golf two years ago, I was around 88 mph with driver. Now my cruising speed is about 99 with a recent high of 104 mph during my range session on Saturday.

Pretty exciting 😀. Okay, time for another round of burgers. I appreciate this thread and everyone’s respective journeys here. Happy 4th of July, everyone! 🇺🇸💥🌭🍔

• Thumbs Up 4

Constantine

• 3 weeks later...

Completed my second full swing spectrum, and pretty pleased with the results:

IMG_5022.thumb.jpeg.93c77f3f196933dca906a10143bac0a6.jpeg

I decided to do a 12 session cruiser schedule next. Cruiser is one of the creative programs. The AI recommendation was to do full speed spectrum again, but I wanted to try out a creative program. Cruiser is meant for in-season or busier times, according to the description. I wanted to just maintain for about 4-6 weeks, so I think it's a good fit. I enjoyed the first work out tonight. I am curious to see how it goes and what my next progress check looks like. 

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

I started off good but went flat, and downhill.  Have I really regressed and gotten slower or am I just fatigued? I feel good and lift weights on alternate days. These last several sessions have been heavy sets followed by the 195 and I’m out of gas to put up a good number..one more session preview is 300, 100, 100, 195..

IMG_4741.png

Finished foundation, recommended full speed spectrum, or neural next. Gonna try full speed. Pretty good results at 53. Gonna keep it going. Wondering if some trail arm work on the side would help as I’m a natural lefty but learned righty. Hopefully get in the 110-115 range and 160+ ballspeed.

IMG_4762.png

• Thumbs Up 1