IGNORED

Sapper

Hey all, 

Currently in Washington State, stationed at JBLM. I am 52, love golfing. Took a 12 year hiatus and have found the time to start smacking again. I am a 20 handicap. 

• Like 2

Welcome to TST! I used to live in the Tri-City area, Richland. I loved it there. I’m in Florida now. I’m also 52. Glad you’re back in the game! Cheers.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Sapper said:

Hey all, 

Currently in Washington State, stationed at JBLM. I am 52, love golfing. Took a 12 year hiatus and have found the time to start smacking again. I am a 20 handicap. 

Spent 11 years in Seattle. I sure do miss The Home Course in DuPont!

10 hours ago, Sapper said:

Thank you. It amazing how I picked it back up pretty quickly. 

Careful. The Golf Gods are listening.😄

• Funny 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • This is a situation in which the Committee could have (should have?) defined the downed tree as GUR, in which case you would have been able to take free relief.  In my group of friends, we'd probably play it as GUR in a casual game.  Otherwise, a completely detached fallen tree is a loose impediment, you could have moved it (if possible) or even broken off part of it in order to make a swing.  If its still attached to the roots, you simply cannot do anything about it. But a question, in taking Unplayable Ball relief, couldn't you have gone back on the line and found a place where you could swing?  You don't have to take Lateral Relief and stay within 2 clublengths.
    • Last year some serious wind took down a tree and it was laying horizontally. Played that course a lot, for golf reasons, that day was the first time I ever hit one anywhere near that tree. Because of course it was.  It was under the fallen trunk/branches so much that even after taking an unplayable and relief I had no swing. It felt really dirty but the guy I was playing with said the fallen tree didn't have any option for free relief and since I had not realized it was under the tree from the box, and did not want to do the walk of shame on the first tee with multiple groups waiting...ugh. Sometimes the rules feel penal, but then I remember I am the one who made the sub-optimal swing in the first place. 
    • Too bad we lost Ned Beatty. He would’ve been good.
    • Jonah Hill would be my pick. 
    • We are entitled to nothing from Tiger and that is what we will get. Tiger's branding is strong and a non-statement is probably his best strategy.  As taxpayers, we are entitled to whatever accident reports and investigations were done by the public agency under the public records laws of California.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BookBoy
      BookBoy
      (51 years old)
    2. DrakeyDistiller
      DrakeyDistiller
      (59 years old)
    3. Fraser
      Fraser
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...