IGNORED

Adding a Bit of a Shift (Early 'Flow' to a Golf Swing)

iacas

• Administrator

Just a little video from the work I did with a student today.

Be as brutal, as direct, as blunt as you want. Ask as many questions as you want.

This is one step on a multi-step journey.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Adding a Bit of a Shift (Early 'Flow' to a Golf Swing)

I am convinced that the goal of any athletic motion is to minimize interference.  Faults are the result of corrections.  Pointing out faults is ignoring the root of the problem.  Every good, or bad, sequence can be traced further back than the manifestation.  A good swing has fewer corrections than a less than optimal swing.  Corrections interfere with the sequence of actions.  We are doomed, from the outset, when we violate principles.  Identifying those principles is the hard part.  Embracing them is equally as difficult.

I’m very excited about trying GEARS. I’ve worked hard with my Evolvr instructor using video and video my practice for the most part. But being able to really see where the body moves in 3D should vastly improve ways to correct issues. We will still have to practice smart though!

That was pretty cool, it was short and had a narrative to it. Every other Gears video I've seen the commentary was long winded and the video featured too many slo-motions and replays of a motion to hold my interest.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • Record your practice. Learning a new feel takes time and patience. I’ve had roughly the same looking swing for a couple years now. It’s been this year when I’ve slowed down more, been even more specific with the movement and checks, that I’ve seen results. A fun drill you could try for the grip and transition is to pre-hinge. Basically take normal stance and setup with the club, then while keeping posture and trying to keep your hands in about the same space, hinge the club up in front of you. Then swing the arms and body to the top of the swing and into hitting the ball. Let me know if you don’t understand that. I can do a video tomorrow, if needed. 
    • Received these today (a dozen ProV1).  Tried them out on the Mevo+ on the E6 Connect app, about 30 shots.  The ball flight that is displaying seems the same compared to other balls.  This was in short indoor mode (9ft ball flight), imagine that could impact the numbers a little.  Also wonder if it might read any different on the FS app (looks like you can add the type of ball you’re using)?  I’ll have to try that out later this week. That all said, I’m no expert on the numbers or what they should look like (beyond my typical carry distances, which are being accurately reflected).  Maybe I’ll log the numbers one of these days and share.
    • Because of playing very little golf over the past 3 years I honestly hope to change things this year and devote more time on this game I love. I think I'm closer to a 7 when I get my ghin updated.
    • It… honestly doesn't feel like much of anything, because you can't really tell through socks. It feels like… a shoe. A little bit more material than the Knits, but… barely. Very comfortable. Stylish. I didn't walk through any dew or anything, but… I think the nylon fabric will be good for most damp conditions.
    • How does the wool liner feel? Thick like the Major insoles or standard like Originals and TKii? You mentioned the shoe is wider than the TKii. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. adamgoodman
      adamgoodman
      (28 years old)
    2. Cartagolf
      Cartagolf
      (26 years old)
    3. gnider
      gnider
      (35 years old)
    4. Hoganman1
      Hoganman1
      (72 years old)
    5. unigolf
      unigolf
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...