IGNORED

do you watch the lpga tour

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. does anyone watch the lpga tour

• never
    • sometimes
    • all the time
    • #1 lpga fan

I was just wondering if anyone here whatched the lpga tour because i never really took to it. Am I alone on this one?

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do if lorena is playing, love her head twist at the beginning of the downswing

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Never know when Paula Creamer is going to go cheesecake.
Have to look.
Oh, there's something attractive about Suzanne Petterson, too.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I pay attention to all the majors and usually watch a little... I watched the Solheim (SP?) Cup a bit last year... I check the scores each week... I will also watch the final stretch of a regular tourney if it is close and I'm at home doing nothing. I have also attended an LPGA event in Toledo the last couple years (the Jamie Farr), and it is a good time. My wife and I both root for Paula... and against Ochoa. I hope Sorenstam takes Ochoa down this weekend!
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I think that the LPGA has many interesting qualities. These are some of the reasons that I watch on occasion:

Equipment: The set make-up of many of the women differs greatly from the men. This may not interest everybody as much as it does me, but I find it interesting that women are as tuned into if not more tuned into new technology than the men. Not to be derrogatory, but I always thought very little of the amount of feel these women have. It only took about an hour of watching to understand that I was completely wrong on all parts of that statement. They are very peticular about what feels good and what doesn't. I also found it interesting that so many of the players carried hybrids as iron replacements. On the PGA, it seems that hybrids are used as "fairway wood alternatives" in more cases than not. Many of the women carried hybrids to replace at least the 5 iron and up. Just found it interesting.

The swing: Obviously, the average woman is not as strong as the average man. Yet, many of these women can hit the ball much further than the average man. Every woman in the top 30 of the driving distance averaged over 260 yards. From my observations, it looked like many of the women on the tour make a "jump-like" move at the ball (e.g. Natalie Gulbis). It's almost as if they throw their body at the ball a little bit in order to create more clubhead speed.

Short Game: Another obvious statement; you can't be a good player without a solid short game. These women can putt right up there with the men, which was another area that I formerly underestimated them. They have incredible feel from 100 yards and in. I enjoy watching them because they have (IMO) near equal short games to their PGA counterpart.

These women are incredible players and I respect them at the highest level. If you have never watched the LPGA, you are missing out.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I was just wondering if anyone here whatched the lpga tour because i never really took to it. Am I alone on this one?

These are the swings that amateur golfers should be trying to emulate, in most cases. Fantastic rhythm and tempo.

But... there are two things that really bug me. The way the male caddies stand behind the players and line them up and the hug and air kiss fests at the end of the round.

These are the swings that amateur golfers should be trying to emulate, in most cases. Fantastic rhythm and tempo.

I could not agree more... learn to line yourself up for goodness sake. The hugging is way out of control too... of course I wouldn't mind hugging a few of them... and kissing them... and... well, nevermind (I'll keep that to myself).

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Some of the woman look really good in their outfits so..........yes, I watch it every now and then. :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I sure would like to know why the ladies use the caddies so much to line up their shots. It is the one thing that bothers me about the LPGA, it seems having a caddie is advantage enough without having someone line up every shot for you.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will clue us in.

I love the LPGA! These women are very good. Like others have mentioned their tempos are great to watch and emulate. Sadly, most golfers just don't get what should be the biggest lesson learned by watching them. These women demonstrate how to play scratch golf without being long. (Not including those like Laura Davies of course who absolutely pound the ball.)

And yes, they are much more pleasurable to look at than some fat middle-aged white guy with man boobs.

Besides, in my humble opinion, Annika Sorenstam is the most dominant golfer of all time. I know I'll get ripped for that one. I just think that she was that much more advanced than her peers at the top of her game. She shot a 59 for heaven's sake! She may be two generation ahead of her contemporaries while say Tiger may be only one.

Tom

i have a question about the lpga. out of curiosity, what tee's do they play from?
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

i was wondering this as well-they must be playing a decent distance back, but not at the tiger tees

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Generally, most of their tournaments play between 6500 and 7200 yards. That is usually what the blues will give at most decent courses. Blacks at some of the "member" courses if you know what I mean.

Tom

Yes, I like watching the girls playing.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

All the time. Two reasons:

1. Golf is like beer. It doesn't matter what it is when it's free. Beer is beer...well, golf is golf. 2. Natalie and Paula.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

As often as I can. It's great that Sky has taken over UK coverage from the now-defunct Golf Channel UK. I also watch the LET (Ladies' European Tour) and, while it's not the same standard as the LPGA, it's still fun.
Saw them at the British Open in Sunningdale - Grace Park, before her medical setbacks - glorious, controlled swing. Arrow-like aiming, fantastic distance control; ,Crisite Kerr - even after Stupples did that birdie-birdie-eagle start, or whatever it was, never loked for a moment as if she was going to yield. The sun went in and it was...Laura Davies. Boom, boom, putt, putt. Thank you. another birdie (l.o.o.o.ong par 5). The sun came out again and is her playing partner, NAtalie Gulbis, smiling.
Fantastic rhythm, wonderful distance - and they don't all have to throw themselves at it - I don't think that's a reliable swing, outstanding short games. And they don;t either spit or swear.

What's not to like?

Generally, most of their tournaments play between 6500 and 7200 yards. That is usually what the blues will give at most decent courses. Blacks at some of the "member" courses if you know what I mean.

My understanding is that the courses are actually much shorter than that. Usually something around or shorter than the Member's tees on the courses they play. A lot of these women hit driver around 225 yds. and playing over 6500 yards would be pretty tough.

I watch the LPGA Tour whenever I notice it on TV and have been to a few tournaments. I think in general it's a just a different game than the PGA Tour. For the most part, it looks to me as if more of the ladies have really maximized their full swing fundamentals, than the men have. I also think their short games are not nearly as good as the men. I'm not sure but the difference in short game might be strength. In person, they do seem more friendly and approachable. A few years ago, my wife and I went to a blues bar while the LPGA tour was in town. All the tables were full, and a tableful of the LPGA ladies were there. When they saw us trying to find a table with no luck, they invited us to join them. It was group of "older" ladies- 30s & 40s. It turned out they were friends with the headliner, Tab Benoit. I guess one of the ladies, Dale Eggeling is a neighbor of his. We were partying with the LPGA ladies, Tab and his band for the night. They were a blast.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!