IGNORED

The disabled list...

Ben
Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe they'll give you the shock thing, where they put sticky pads on you and send little electric pulses through the injured part of your body, it feels awsome I had it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds better than what I've heard being described to me. "Oh, yeah, it's going to hurt. They'll take your foot and bend it in all different ways to break up the scar tissue." Yeah, that sounds real fun!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Good luck for a quick recovery. I fell downstairs and tore a ligament in my elbow - took a good 18 months to fully recover. since then, I've actually played better and I'm not conscioulsy favouring it. The accident was five years ago so I sincerely hope not, by now!!

That sounds better than what I've heard being described to me. "Oh, yeah, it's going to hurt. They'll take your foot and bend it in all different ways to break up the scar tissue." Yeah, that sounds real fun!

They'll take your foot and bend it in all different ways so as to

enable you to play golf better in the future .

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6:50 am on Thursday morning my life changed. Walking down a grass slope to get to my car, my right ankle buckled under me. I was left with it being dislocated and fractured in three spots. After spending hours in the ER with my leg in about the most uncomfortable position you could imagine, with my foot dangling to the right, I was told I would most certainly need surgery to fix what had happened. I went into surgery that night, and now find myself in a cast for three months, and not able to swing a golf club for at least six months after that.

Man, I'm so sorry. That's aweful. I've been suffering from a strained rotator cuff since October/November. I haven't played golf in months. Best of luck and stay positive.

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

Thanks smoothy. There is a member at my club who has the same shoulder pain. He goes through therapy and all, but it seems like just when he gets the upper-hand on the injury, it comes right back...

And yeah shindig, That's pretty much what they did. Plus some heating and icing of the foot along with a massage. I wanted my foot to crack so bad, but I'm not quite at that point. He really got into the scar tissue with the massage too. That kinda hurt a little. They also gave me a resister band and a list of simple movement excersizes to do.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Thanks smoothy. There is a member at my club who has the same shoulder pain. He goes through therapy and all, but it seems like just when he gets the upper-hand on the injury, it comes right back...

I found out that one of the stretches I was doing was actually re-injuring my shoulder. If you get the wrong therapist it can be a real drag. I think the resistor band is a pretty good thing. I got some good advice from an old chiropractor who's been practicing since 1957, "if it hurts, don't do it".

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

I found out that one of the stretches I was doing was actually re-injuring my shoulder. If you get the wrong therapist it can be a real drag. I think the resistor band is a pretty good thing. I got some good advice from an old chiropractor who's been practicing since 1957,

That certainly makes sense. I'll stick to that too.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...
Progress!

Well, I've been going to physical therapy for 2 weeks now, scheduled for 6, and have so much more movement in the foot, swelling and bruising is way down too.

Today I also realized I can probably start working on my putting. I'm able to stand without the aid of crutches with wieght on both feet as I remember with my putting stance.

Plus I am able to hobble around using the injured foot without crutches as well. Although I don't think I will full time. Just a bit of practice every now and then.

HOORAY!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Take it slow. I broke my hand playing baseball, had surgery, three pins inserted and was out for six weeks. By week four, I actually tried to take some batting practice...with the pins still in my hand. I no longer had a cast just a flexible brace and some bandaging. Luckily, my teammates stopped me. Just be careful. You don't want to suffer a setback and be out, longer.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Oh I intened on taking it slow. Everyone here has said I need to not overdo anything. And I will. Just enough practice to where if I feel any strain at all I'd stop.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ill tell you what I broke my elbow and the rehab hurt wayyyyy more than the actual breaking did. I actually broke my left elbow and wrist at the same time. 5-6 weeks in a cast (for my elbow) and my elbow was pretty much stuck in its position until after rehab. It still doesnt get 100% straight like it used too.

Anyways good luck on your rehab and recovery. Take it slow. Practice putting. While I was hurt I worked hard on training my legs (for basketball) and added 4-5 inches on my vertical over that time. Just imagine how good your shortgame can become with the 100% dedication over the next few weeks.

i feel your pain. I suffer from a few things
partially torn ligament in my left wrist
a bad back and neck with severe spasming & an extreme reduced amt of cartilage b/t the vertebrae (basically there's none left).

I only feel good when i'm on
meds & in therapy. trust me, take it slow & therapy really does work. do your stretches, ice everything to keep down the swelling...even at the end of an easy day for me, I end with ice on my neck, back and shoulders. I soak my wrist almost everyday.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...
So, since my last update here, I've gone through quite a transformation. I've been going to physical therapy for 5 weeks now and really building up confidence in my ankle. My range of motion is still a bit limited, but, I am walking with 100% weight on the ankle with just a regular shoe on. Practicing how to walk again on a treadmill. Swelling gets pretty gnarly by the end of the day still, I look down at my ankle and think I'm looking at an elephant, but, in the morning it looks, kinda normal. I had a big breakthrough yesterday in that it was the first day I had absolutely no soreness by the end of the day, I actually bowled a few frames with my friends last night. Kind of hobbling, not running down to the lane mind you, and being very careful. It was nice to get some activity though. I still have about 5 weeks to go with a walking boot, but am off to my orthopedic surgeon on Friday to see about an update. I've been putting in an hour a day on the putting green for the past week and a half, and plan on getting a chipping routine going soon.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

nice to here your doing good. I feel your pain, I tore my acl and was out for 6 months with no activity(what was supposed to be no activity) and Im finally getting back into it. Hows physical therapy? Im still going twice a week and hate it immensely.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I'm sorry to hear of your injury and I hope you have a full recovery.

I'm still in High School, and I'm going to be a senior next year. I was a big time athlete (varsity soccer, lacrosse and track) and I was possibly going to go on to play soccer in college (my high school team actually has a chance to win the section this year and possibly even states). I have had a bunch (7-9) of concussions and the most recent (April 2008) has most likely ended my sports career. I still have not fully recovered, I've had the worst headache since the day of the hit, my balance and concentration are off, and my short term memory is still somewhat affected. The hit happened in a lacrosse game in which a kid who was the size of a linebacker took a 30 yard run and hit me with my head down, knocking the chin strap off and leaving me to get hit in the face by the titanium face mask. One of the most terrifying incidents after the concussion was when I couldn't spell my name or simple words (ironically, other complex one's were fine).

Instead of ruining my future (I'm looking at going on to study either neurology or psychiatry) I've decided on not playing contact sports. I'm sticking to golf as per doctor's orders.

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

My best friend had to have his leg amputated. I think he actually plays better golf now. The only trouble he has sometime is on side hill lies and even those are getting a lot easier for him with time. I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

nice to here your doing good. I feel your pain, I tore my acl and was out for 6 months with no activity(what was supposed to be no activity) and Im finally getting back into it. Hows physical therapy? Im still going twice a week and hate it immensely.

Therapy is great! I was a little apprehensive going into it, everyone telling me it would be painful and awful, but, I guess I've got a guy that really knows what he's doing. I've had zero pain, well, other than the crazy stretches he put me through last visit.

I'm sorry to hear of your injury and I hope you have a full recovery.

Jeez, that's sounds like one serious hit you took. Sorry to hear about that. But, it also sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders (still). I like your idea of studying neurology. Ironic in a way.

Thanks Munkey

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!