IGNORED

Brass Putter Markings

I have recently bought a  few old brass putters and noticed that there are markings on the soles that are stamped in like M5C  on an Achusnet Bullseye and B2 on an "Old Master"  brass putter.  I was hoping someone here might know what that means?

11 minutes ago, snow bird said:

I have recently bought a  few old brass putters and noticed that there are markings on the soles that are stamped in like M5C  on an Achusnet Bullseye and B2 on an "Old Master"  brass putter.  I was hoping someone here might know what that means?

No pics! Blasphemy. Are you sure it’s M5C and not MSC?

Original Models: 

STD (Standard) - Medium weight with rounded toe and top.

OS (Old Standard) - Medium weight with square toe and top blade. Sight line

O-Set (Offset) - Medium weight with square toe and top blade. Sight line

OR (Original) - Medium weight, rounded toe, flat top. For right or left handers.

LB (Light Blade) - Like Old Standard but lighter, narrower

HB (Heavy Blade) - Like Old Standard but with heavier, wider blade

LAF (LaFemme) - Light weight for the woman golfer. Rounded toe, top and flange.

JR (Junior) - Standard blade. 30" shaft. Scaled-down grip dimensions 

FL (Flange) - Medium weight, slightly offset. Single sweet spot sight line

LHFL (Left Handed Flange) - Medium weight, slightly offset. Single sweet spot sight line

HSF (Heel Shafted Flange) - Medium-heavy weight. Offset hosel. Sweet spot slot for improved feel and alignment.

HSF-II - Heel Shafted Flange II Like the Heel Shafted Flange but without the Offset

WFL (Wide Flange) - Heavy, wide flange for low concentration of weight. Sweet spot slot. Ideal for large or slower greens.

WFLO (Wide Flange Offset) - Same as Wide Flange but offset

ML - Mallet 
MLO - Mallet Offset 
MLI - Mallet I  

Length: Grip:
4 - 34" P- Paddle
5 - 35" S- Standard
6 - 36" C- Cord 
"LaFemme" - 34" 

Lie:
M - Medium 
U - Upright 
F - Flat

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
18 hours ago, Vinsk said:

No pics! Blasphemy. Are you sure it’s M5C and not MSC?

Original Models: 

STD (Standard) - Medium weight with rounded toe and top.

OS (Old Standard) - Medium weight with square toe and top blade. Sight line

O-Set (Offset) - Medium weight with square toe and top blade. Sight line

OR (Original) - Medium weight, rounded toe, flat top. For right or left handers.

LB (Light Blade) - Like Old Standard but lighter, narrower

HB (Heavy Blade) - Like Old Standard but with heavier, wider blade

LAF (LaFemme) - Light weight for the woman golfer. Rounded toe, top and flange.

JR (Junior) - Standard blade. 30" shaft. Scaled-down grip dimensions 

FL (Flange) - Medium weight, slightly offset. Single sweet spot sight line

LHFL (Left Handed Flange) - Medium weight, slightly offset. Single sweet spot sight line

HSF (Heel Shafted Flange) - Medium-heavy weight. Offset hosel. Sweet spot slot for improved feel and alignment.

HSF-II - Heel Shafted Flange II Like the Heel Shafted Flange but without the Offset

WFL (Wide Flange) - Heavy, wide flange for low concentration of weight. Sweet spot slot. Ideal for large or slower greens.

WFLO (Wide Flange Offset) - Same as Wide Flange but offset

ML - Mallet 
MLO - Mallet Offset 
MLI - Mallet I  

Length: Grip:
4 - 34" P- Paddle
5 - 35" S- Standard
6 - 36" C- Cord 
"LaFemme" - 34" 

Lie:
M - Medium 
U - Upright 
F - Flat

Thank You Vinsk.  That makes sense M5C:

M=medium lie

c= corded grip

5= 35 inch 

I printed it out as I am starting a new hobby refurbishing brass putters. I have 10 Achusnet Bullseyes which I am working on.

Edited by snow bird

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, snow bird said:

Thank You Vinsk.  That makes sense M5C:

M=medium lie

c= corded grip

5= 35 inch 

I printed it out as I am starting a new hobby refurbishing brass putters. I have 10 Achusnet Bullseyes which I am working on.

Are you then selling them?

Do you have one with two faces, a righty/lefty one?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Are you then selling them?

Do you have one with two faces, a righty/lefty one?

Yes I do have some R/L putters and yes I will be selling them.  They won't be ready for about a week or two. I guy has been saving them for me and he just shipped them today.  I will let you know when they are ready. Just curious do want the original grip or a new grip. I haven't seen the clubs yet but I think some of grips   might be worth refurbishing. I can replace them with the grip of your choice also. Just something to think about. Let me know what you think. This batch is all Acushnet Bullseyes. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, snow bird said:

Yes I do have some R/L putters and yes I will be selling them.  They won't be ready for about a week or two. I guy has been saving them for me and he just shipped them today.  I will let you know when they are ready. Just curious do want the original grip or a new grip. I haven't seen the clubs yet but I think some of grips   might be worth refurbishing. I can replace them with the grip of your choice also. Just something to think about. Let me know what you think. This batch is all Acushnet Bullseyes.

Great. I don't know if I care much about the grip - I'm looking for a two-sided putter so I can put it in my lefty set.

LMK when they're available.