IGNORED

Klineka's Garage Simulator Build Thread

Putting a net behind the screen is a good option. I double up my practice nets for this reason. If you weight the screen and make it tight, the ball can ricochet a lot. Keeping the front net, or screen in your case, loose, but having an impact net behind it deadens the impact and protects the area better. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

57 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Putting a net behind the screen is a good option. I double up my practice nets for this reason. If you weight the screen and make it tight, the ball can ricochet a lot. Keeping the front net, or screen in your case, loose, but having an impact net behind it deadens the impact and protects the area better. 

Good idea, I would probably feel more comfortable hitting into the screen if I knew there was a second layer behind it too.

I suppose I could do my net option I talked about in my last post, but instead of having the net be on each side roller, I could have the net be on the main roller and then extend it out on each side and hook into the ceiling behind the side rollers with like a J hook or something. With a 10 foot width of the roller, I am tentatively thinking at least 14ft, probably 16ft in width for the netting, that way I would have approx. 3 feet of protection down each side. I would still leave the existing side curtains to function as normal I just wouldn't need to velcro them to the main screen anymore. That would stop them from flying all over the place at impact.

I'll have to look into some nets, I'm sure it depends on the net but I'm curious how much the net would deaden the impact. I agree that I don't want it extremely tight due to the ricochets, but based on what I've read/watched, some weight is a good thing. I'm pretty sure I still want a new impact screen anyway, the extension I velcro'ed onto the main screen last year was always going to be a short term fix.

If I got my two main problems squared away I would definitely invest in a turf piece big enough to cover the area between the mat and the screen too, held off on that last year but that would really complete the look IMO.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Tough problem to solve. Honestly, I'd post what you discover here, but I'd look around here for some ideas:

Golf Simulator Forums

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets