IGNORED

My Swing (Sutty86)

sutty86
Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 110
My typical ball flight is: push slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice, fats and thins.

My driver is my favourite club of choice and can normally hit the fairway 8/10 tikes roughly around 200y in the winter.

Irons are 8/10 times a high slice, start right and finish even more right normally oob and they are costing shots.

I hit lots of fats and sometimes thin also .

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for posting. First, when you have a chance, film yourself face on as well.

Your swing is coming over the top, meaning the club head path is out to in at impact. I’m not an instructor, but I think you would benefit from the drills in the thread below. The first five deal with the full swing starting at setup. A proper backswing can really help align your downswing and help you make better contact and control flight direction better. Check out the thread and film the drills and post here in this thread.

Also, remember to film your swing with proper angles. Check out this blog post that discusses how to film your swing.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Lastly, check out the rest of the site and join in the discussions. We love golf and love to talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for the kind welcome , I was worried about positive , I've already had one lesson and looking to book another one , in the lesson the instructor gave me a drill on focusing on transferring weight as I was massively keeping most pressure on my trail leg resulting in fats.

I think your right about the outside-in swing path, I have been focusing lots on my swing plane last few weeks as I was really over the top intially but managed to correct this I think according to zepp.

So many guys here are excellent instructors so I don't have much to add. 

Glad you posted ... you can expect people to treat you very well on this site. Please share updated swings as you get better. 

Golf is an amazing game. I'm glad that you get to play it. Enjoy learning, practicing, and getting better. 

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• Administrator
12 hours ago, sutty86 said:

As promised

At work all weekend and it's blowing a gale over here currently.

So, look. You swing left because it helps you get the low point forward, which is otherwise back because you don't really get forward.

01.jpg

You're completely flat-footed there and have barely returned to address.

Your forward shift has to start A LOT earlier.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/6/2022 at 2:05 AM, iacas said:

So, look. You swing left because it helps you get the low point forward, which is otherwise back because you don't really get forward.

01.jpg

You're completely flat-footed there and have barely returned to address.

Your forward shift has to start A LOT earlier.

Thank you, really appreciate it

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, sutty86 said:

Thank you, really appreciate it

You should also watch this:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

You should also watch this:

Funny you should share this , received a grip aid today but I have shovel hands.

I'm definitely hitting the ball with an open Face, I tried some drills today at the range.

I'm definitely connecting better with the ball.

Balls are still going high and right , even with an exaggerated in-out path.

Maybe not as much right .

Ive booked a lesson tomorrow.

Will continue to update.

• Administrator

Then you can’t grip it too far into the fingers.

Just an update had a lesson and the pro mentioned I had very bowed wrists and he was going to work with that , he said my swing path is out to in, and saw I frequently pushed the ball to the right ( I thought it was a slice) he changed my allignment so I was aiming slightly left of the target and mentioned  I was finishing to far high in the both and not rotating enough in both swings.

We worked on lowering the pose and rotating more on the downswing and lining the ball up closer to the toe and within 15 minutes I was hitting lovely fades .

He said that is my shot shape and to stick with what I have what feels more natural.

7 iron results off trackman were averaging

150y carry 

82mph swing speed

Around -6 swing path and a slightly closed face I think it was -5

(Intially it was a larger minus swing path and an open face)

I have another lesson next week ,

He's advised me to allign up with all my clubs in a similar way.

Told me to work on what I've got he mentioned I have a similar swing to John Rahm 🤣 

Strike efficiency was around 1.15 so lots to work on.

I'm booked in next week for another lesson.

Lots to work on

6 hours ago, sutty86 said:

Just an update had a lesson and the pro mentioned I had very bowed wrists and he was going to work with that , he said my swing path is out to in, and saw I frequently pushed the ball to the right ( I thought it was a slice) he changed my allignment so I was aiming slightly left of the target and mentioned  I was finishing to far high in the both and not rotating enough in both swings.

We worked on lowering the pose and rotating more on the downswing and lining the ball up closer to the toe and within 15 minutes I was hitting lovely fades .

He said that is my shot shape and to stick with what I have what feels more natural.

7 iron results off trackman were averaging

150y carry 

82mph swing speed

Around -6 swing path and a slightly closed face I think it was -5

(Intially it was a larger minus swing path and an open face)

I have another lesson next week ,

He's advised me to allign up with all my clubs in a similar way.

Told me to work on what I've got he mentioned I have a similar swing to John Rahm 🤣 

Strike efficiency was around 1.15 so lots to work on.

I'm booked in next week for another lesson.

Lots to work on

Take some time between lessons once the instructor gives you a priority piece to work on. Some changes take week to dial in. Also, practice smart.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Take some time between lessons once the instructor gives you a priority piece to work on. Some changes take week to dial in. Also, practice smart.

Cheers Scott I did mention about coming back in a few weeks but he said why not next week. 

I'll have a break and practice in-between as I have a nice holiday to Jamaica to enjoy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, sutty86 said:

Cheers Scott I did mention about coming back in a few weeks but he said why not next week. 

Right, because he can make more money that way.

Fix your grip and your clubface won't be as open, so you won't have to compensate by swinging left as much.

What are you thoughts on using tees on the range instead of hitting off the mat? 

Instructor told me to tee the ball up for irons shots only smallest tee at the range obviously.

Told me it instills confidence.

Going to the range tomorrow to practice

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, sutty86 said:

Told me it instills confidence.

False confidence.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, sutty86 said:

Yes I thought the same, 

Think I will change instructors.

Doesn't mean you have to do that. When working on a change, it can be frustrating, so maybe he's sharing a way to make it a bit easier for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!