IGNORED

Stickers on Shafts?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 6793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you do with shaft stickers?

• I leave them on.
    • I take them off.
    • Stickers? I don't really care either way.

Do you put leave the stickers on your golf clubs? I take them off compulsively... I can't do otherwise. I started pulling the stickers and now I can't stop.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I take the stickers off. I figure they play stiffer with the stickers.

But mostly, I figure the heat is gonna make a mess of them real quick... and Goo Gone works wonders.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Other than my Scotty's I take them off, I just like the naked look. As far as graphite shafts go I have them spined so however the logo ends up is how it ends up.

I take off all the extraneous stickers that are put on as either a sales aid (like the stickers Cleveland and Callaway use to warn you that raw wedges will rust) or inventory aid (stickers with bar codes and prices). But I leave on the shaft bands, the stickers that display the flex of the shaft. If they start looking grody, then the Goo Gone comes out and I go commando.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

• Administrator
I take off all the extraneous stickers that are put on as either a sales aid (like the stickers Cleveland and Callaway use to warn you that raw wedges will rust) or inventory aid (stickers with bar codes and prices). But I leave on the shaft bands, the stickers that display the flex of the shaft. If they start looking grody, then the Goo Gone comes out and I go commando.

Ditto this. I hadn't assumed that shaft bands counted as "stickers" in my previous response.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ditto this. I hadn't assumed that shaft bands counted as "stickers" in my previous response.

Yeah, good correction. I take off shaft bands and any other stickers. I like the freedom

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Current standings are 6 5 and 2 (on, off, don't care). I'm surprised so many people leave them on? Why? Not the shaft bands, but the stickers themselves with bar codes and things? Why?

I absolutely take those off, but I don't really worry about the goup that's left behind. I leave the bands on, mostly because I never know (remember) what type of shaft I'm using.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

I see plenty of clubs in the used bins that still have sales stickers on them from the initial sale.

I think this is like leaving all the stickers on your computer/printer/digital camera. My parents do that, and it drives me nuts. Like you're going to suddenly need to look at your Windoze box and see that "Intel Inside" sticker for some reason...

I don't like graphite shafts that have busy graphics, but they don't bother me much as long as they are confined to the top portion of the shaft, near the grip. But anything down toward the hosel makes me crazy, and that's where most of the stickers I see on shafts are. It would bug me to the extreme to leave them on.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

LOL. I jacked this thread up when I said "stickers." I would no sooner leave sales stickers on my golf equipment than I would leave the manufacturers tags on a pair of pants. What I meant was _shaft_bands_. Technically shaft bands are stickers. But I digress. I take stickers and shaft bands off!

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Note: This thread is 6793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!