IGNORED

Company Matching

Arsenal Forever
Note: This thread is 5882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

First, I'll just get this out of the way, I am a ruthless, raging club*****. I can not stay committed to clubs which may be doing me perfectly fine, or awfully.

My question is, does anyone else ever feel compelled to have a matching bag? Clubs, balls, maybe even apparel, like you were on tour and being paid almost?

Clearly, as you can see in my signature, mine is not at all, but if I had more money, you'd be sure that at this moment mine would be all Titleist. Although, with my club*****-eyness, next week it could be all Srixon.

EDIT: ***** is blocked? Okay, then, a club strumpet.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Im totally with you... I love certain brands just because they are so... Cleveland is by far my favorite... and i dont really have that much cleveland stuff... But i wear cleveland hats, shirts and stuff when i play. I like to have a mixed bag though..

No not at all. The thought of having things match never enters my brain. In fact I dont see how that would work for me. I like my wedges, irons, and woods, putter and they are all different brands.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Everything of mine is nike (including clothes,glove,hat and shoes) except my bag - even though my bag is pretty generic I will probably hold onto it for awhile just because i like how it is set up.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My question is, does anyone else ever feel compelled to have a matching bag? Clubs, balls, maybe even apparel, like you were on tour and being paid almost?

Even though my clubs are mainly Taylormade (as seen in my signature) it was not pre-planed that way. I got a good deal

on the clubs in addition to liking the look and playability of them. I've tested Callaway, Srixon, Bridgestone, and Mizuno clubs and balls (Mizuno doesn't make balls), and I could have easily gone with any of them and been quite happy too. If I were you I'd be wary of Titleist clubs. My previous set of clubs was almost entirely Titleist (once again not intentional), and I have to say based on my experiences and experiences of others who I taked to later Titleist's (aka Acushnet's) quality control is aweful. Incorrect lie angles, loose grips, and improperly glued shafts to heads are very common occurances. Including with custom ordered clubs. (That's not to say that the other companies don't mess up too, they do, it just seems like it is happens alot with Titleist).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Even though my clubs are mainly Taylormade (as seen in my signature) it was not pre-planed that way. I got a good deal

Maybe you just had a bad experience. I find that Titleist is amoung the best quality control for mass produced golf clubs.

That's ridiculous, I've never ever heard anything like that about Titleist! It was surely just a bad experience of yours. Crazy stuff though.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I have always had a mishmash set that has never gone all one company. The idea of doing that as an amatuer is a bit anal.
That being said, I have a fitting at the end of the month at Callaway headquarters and will probably come away with everything in my bag being Callaway except for my Cameron. I have only owned 2 putters in the last 10 years and they are identical. I just picked up a new one last year because it was there. If they had a better selection of lefthanded Camerons I might own more.

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

What? Club Matching and Bag Matching. Who does that?

They must think they are alot better then they actually are.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Well, no. I plan to keep my driver, my 3-wood, my 3-Hybrid, and probably my 4-Hybrid in my bag after my next set of irons. The aforementioned clubs are Cobras ; the irons most certainly won't be. They'll be Mizunos or, if I don't end up liking the Mizunos, Pings. The wedges will likely come out to match the new irons, although I might be getting a Snake Eyes sand wedge. Depending, I might get one of those irons-looking 2-hybrids from Mizuno.

Now, my next bag will likely match the irons, whichever they end up being.

Nothing against Mizuno woods and similar, by the way: I just like the ones I have, but I don't like the Cobra irons.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I cant believe this is a thread, this is something i do, I would go all titleist if i could

I have titleist: irons, wedges, hat, ball, bag, (used to have the 983 K driver, but its too old now)

I need to stop getting all their stuff until i get paid to do so!

Most of what I carry is Titleist. The only one that is not is my 3 Hybrid. It is up for replacement and I will look hard at the 585.H to fill the spot. However, there are several that are rated higher and as much as I would like to have a completely matching bag my score will ultimately dictate what I do. If I find that something else will make me score better it has to come into consideration. I love my Hogan, but unfortunately I hit a shot out of a waste bunker with it last year and there is a small dent in the face near the heel where I hit a small stone. I still seem to hit it well, but I have to believe the clubs performance has to be effected somewhat.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Nah - if you're that way inclined - fine. If it helps you sleep at night - grand. Does it give you an edge? Maybe in your head. Which might count for something.

I don't match - I use whatever clubs do the trick. The bag matches the irons by default (Ping make the college bag), the umbrella is Callaway, the towel is Wilson.

Just as observation....but i've never seen a single figure handicap with all the same companies gear....

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I know several single digit players that are all one brand, Titleist. I use all Titleist, of course not clothes but if they made clothes I sure would, because that is what is available to me and I feel like I'd be disowned if I used anything else by my family and my in laws. We've been playing Titleist forever so thats what Ill stick with.
Forever!

Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I have to disagree with your Titleist opinion. I seriously doubt that is accurate based on Titleist's market position, you don't achieve that level of success with faulty goods. I am on my third set of Titleist irons and have never had any sort of issue. When I started playing golf semi-seriously about 20 years ago, I got a set of Ping Eye 2 irons, my next set was Titleist DCI and I have been using Titleist ever since. The Pings are probably still my favorite ever, but I don't think Ping has ever been able to duplicate the quality and playability of the Eye 2's with any subsequent set.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

I have to disagree with your Titleist opinion. I seriously doubt that is accurate based on Titleist's market position, you don't achieve that level of success with faulty goods. I am on my third set of Titleist irons and have never had any sort of issue. When I started playing golf semi-seriously about 20 years ago, I got a set of Ping Eye 2 irons, my next set was Titleist DCI and I have been using Titleist ever since. The Pings are probably still my favorite ever, but I don't think Ping has ever been able to duplicate the quality and playability of the Eye 2's with any subsequent set.

I agree. I have never had the slightest problem with my Titleist clubs. Three drivers, 2 fairway woods, 1 hybrid, two wedges, a set of irons and a putter. Never one quality issue ever. They are the first company I look at when I am considering a new club. They have given me no reason to change that.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!