IGNORED

Its funny when chops play blades.

Note: This thread is 3972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't get why crappy golfers play blades. I saw a guy at the range yesterday who had brand new titleist blades. I was going to go talk to the guy and ask him how he liked them until i saw the guy hit a few balls.

Whoa there Tiger....How in the hell do you know what his level is?.....I had herniated disc late last year and didn't play for 3 mths....when I went back I couldn't get it in the AIR either...hurt like hell..

Might want to get off your apparent high horse, and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He just might teach you a thing or two.
  • Upvote 1

Whoa there Tiger....How in the hell do you know what his level is?.....I had herniated disc late last year and didn't play for 3 mths....when I went back I couldn't get it in the AIR either...hurt like hell..

And even if he didn't show you a thing or two, who are you to tell people what they can and can't play? It's his money, it's his choice. Don't be envious of someone who's gaming sticks you'd probably like to own.

Also, please refrain from the noob/str8/pwned stuff. Last I checked this is a golf forum, the majority of us don't understand that language.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

And even if he didn't show you a thing or two, who are you to tell people what they can and can't play? It's his money, it's his choice. Don't be envious of someone who's gaming sticks you'd probably like to own.

Ok people...let there be peace in the middle east (funny im saying that because im middle eastern (egyptian) and i know for sure that aint gonna happen any time soon :) ). I agree with SuaSponteMn reply in that if someone wants to play a particular club, let them play it, no matter what their ability is.

My best round is an 84 but my average last year was between 90-95. I went out from game improvement irons to the player irons i have now (tac TP/TM forged blades). Am i at that level...HELL NO :) But am I seeing a difference after 3 months with them...honestly, yes. And anyone else who buys a set of clubs they're "not suited for" should just be left alone. My friends think i'm nuts, but i want to hit pure. Thats my goal. Im sure the other people who have nice clubs are also in the mindset of these clubs are an investment...its gonna take me some time but in time, im gonna learn how to play each one. Even if someone is a horrid striker, they'll only get better. Peace in the middle east people...peace in the middle east :)

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

If someone wants to use blades good for them, I'm struggling to find an issue with it to be honest, their just a bunch of golf sticks at the end of the day.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Here is a theory:

Blades are much more expensive than most other clubs. Guy has money wants to take up golf. Goes into golf store picks out the best looking set he sees. He doesn't know that there are different types of irons and that blades are much harder to hit than cavity backs.

... Only time I look over is if the guy/girl next to me is making noise and it's bothering me (like talking on a cell phone).

last I checked... it was OK to make a little noise on the range. I'm not advocating cell phone use on the range, but I don't really see a problem with it. That being said, mine stays in the car 90% of the time.

Also, please refrain from the noob/str8/pwned stuff. Last I checked this is a golf forum, the majority of us don't understand that language.

LMFAO ROTF... laughing my f-ing ass off and rolling on the floor.... I agree that shorthand shi* is out of hand.

If someone wants to use blades good for them, I'm struggling to find an issue with it to be honest, their just a bunch of golf sticks at the end of the day.

bunch of sticks... nice... couldn't agree more.

Here is a theory:

I can picture it now... guy walks in and just buys the most expensive thing he sees... it must be the best. Guy at ••••••••• works on commission so he's like WTF... not me that's going to be whacking away trying to figure out why the hell it's so damned hard to hit the little white ball in the air.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

My thoughts are using super game improvement irons to me would seem to instill into you those bad swing habits that you can't have and be successfull with a blade/muscle back etc. I played Slingshot OSS and my swing and ball striking is 100 times bettter now that I use the MP 32's. Sure i struggled a bit with consistancy when i first started hitting them. But I quickly over came those swing flaws.

Now if I could just get my mental game as strong as my ball striking I could be dangerous.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

My thoughts are using super game improvement irons to me would seem to instill into you those bad swing habits that you can't have and be successfull with a blade/muscle back etc. I played Slingshot OSS and my swing and ball striking is 100 times bettter now that I use the MP 32's. Sure i struggled a bit with consistancy when i first started hitting them. But I quickly over came those swing flaws.

I really don't get it....What bad habits/swing flaws are you referring to? Please explain this quandary to me....

wow this has truned into a hornets nest!!! Ok my 2 cents if a guys swing is that bad he is prob new to the game. If he is new to the game GI irons are the way to go IMO. At the end of the day why do you play golf? CUs its fun! how much fun is it when you cant get the ball into the air ever? Newbie becomes frustrated and quits game. Now if he had some forgiving GI he gets to feel some sucess earlier, works harder, decides to switch to a players club to help improve and be able to work the ball - now you have a golf junkie. I started playing the game 4 years ago with a set of TM oS, the forgivness was great and I built a lot of confidence. I got addicted, now I play a forged Muscle back. Why did I switch? Cus I was confident I could hit any club and I wanted to be able to work the ball a little more. I understand that blades were all you could get years ago, but I dont see anyone advocating persimon woods for the beginner? Isnt that along the same line of thought?

Noone knows the situation of the guy who was hitting the ball.

I was at the range last weekend and the older gentleman next to me was hitting his driver 2 yds. in front of him. I felt so bad for the guy. I asked if it had been awhile since he played, and he told me that he just got his left hip replaced. I suggested he place the ball back a little further in his stance and that seemed to help him drastically.

You never know the case of the person at the range, so I would rush to judgement in calling another person a lousy player. To me that doesnt seem to match the spirit of the game.

Just my 2 cents, but when someone thinks they are so superior that they cant talk to a person because he has a 20 handicap or doesnt seem to be having the best day is ridiculous. Ask the guy a question, see if you could give him some pointers. We are all at the range because we are working at the game.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I've been really thinking about getting some blades, or at least good players irons for my next set. Reason being, as has been stated several times, is that my goal is to become a perfect (though Roy McAvoy says perfection is unattainable) striker of the golf ball. Or a perfect swinger through the golf ball
I just don't want a set of GI irons hiding what I'm doing wrong. If I mis-hit I want it to slap me upside the head so I won't do it again.

I don't just derive my satisfaction from playing the game (though it is fun), I'm having fun when I do very well. I'm ultra competitive, and I don't want to be held back by a band-aid on a stick.
This method may cause me untold hours of heartache and swearing, but darned if I'm not gonna do it my way, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I've been really thinking about getting some blades, or at least good players irons for my next set. Reason being, as has been stated several times, is that my goal is to become a perfect (though Roy McAvoy says perfection is unattainable) striker of the golf ball. Or a perfect swinger through the golf ball

hey, I say, as long as it isn't for big money, and you don't mind higher scores for the moment, use the least forgiving clubs you can. you're guaranteed to get better quicker, because, as is often posted here, you are 'forced' to learn to hit the sweet spot

i only started playin in October with BLADES........HICKORY shafted blades at that and its been tough,but im startin to improve steadily,and figure some things out...........for me it was just how I wanted to learn the game.....i feel its not that playing blades makes me a better player but rather makes me a better player than i HAD to be.........its a fun challenge,and rather than being frustrated ,its got me HOOKED for life................and i gotta laugh,ive been paired up with guys who've been playin awhile,with MODERN clubs and ive matched em on the tee shots..........its a game,a HELL of a great game,and sooooooooooo much fun..........someday ill break 100.......and keep on goin from there i hope.................ill learn everystep of the way.....and have FUN doin it..................my $.02
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

i only started playin in October with BLADES........HICKORY shafted blades at that and its been tough,but im startin to improve steadily,and figure some things out...........for me it was just how I wanted to learn the game.....i feel its not that playing blades makes me a better player but rather makes me a better player than i HAD to be.........its a fun challenge,and rather than being frustrated ,its got me HOOKED for life................and i gotta laugh,ive been paired up with guys who've been playin awhile,with MODERN clubs and ive matched em on the tee shots..........its a game,a HELL of a great game,and sooooooooooo much fun..........someday ill break 100.......and keep on goin from there i hope.................ill learn everystep of the way.....and have FUN doin it..................my $.02

masochist... what type of ball is that, is it a feathery? Do you still ride a horse to work, and read by candle light?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

its a 2 piece low compression ball with a mesh dimple pattern,no on the horse,and occasionally on the book by candle(mostly during blackouts...lol)
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

its a 2 piece low compression ball with a mesh dimple pattern,no on the horse,and occasionally on the book by candle(mostly during blackouts...lol)

honestly... that set looks pretty cool. I have seen some of those Tad Moore reproductions, but never played with any. A few courses around me have a hickory scramble, etc. where they incorporate old clubs for a hole or a 9... I'll have to try it sometime.

This all happened to me once, I saw a guy with brand new clubs, he was litterly using the box they came in as a bag. lol Anyway, they were nice Hogan Apex blades and he was hacking away. I started up a conversation with him and eventually let him try my Hogan Edges. He hit them much better, so he offered me his Hogans for a pitcher of beer....I was only 17 then lol but I gave him 10 bucks (not a typo) for them and he went off to buy some Edges. I saw him later that month and he was hitting his new Edges way more consistantly and I was hitting my brand new Apex's nicely. Turns out he was a CEO or something of a movie studio.....I forgot his name I think it was for Universal. Anyhow, next time you see a guy like that chat up with him, maybe let him use your clubs if they are not blades and maybe you will luck out on a nice new set of clubs for cheap.....

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

Note: This thread is 3972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!