IGNORED

Clubhead Speed... What's Yours?

Note: This thread is 5432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This year Ive put up 128mph. But thats just ripping it, I hit it pretty well on the simulator as well. Average swing for my drive was 115-117.

About 2 years ago i was working out and in decent shape, I hit 139. Thought it was a fluke, swung again and put up 136. I didnt hit the ball very well on the sim, but i wasnt trying to hit the ball, i was trying to rip my spine outta my back.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year Ive put up 128mph. But thats just ripping it, I hit it pretty well on the simulator as well. Average swing for my drive was 115-117.

139... are you sure you're not thinking of your ball speed... 139 clubhead is a pretty outlandish claim... not saying it is untrue... it just takes one hell of an athlete to accomplish such speed.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Callaway's tour van clocked me at 118 last summer. That was the best of 5 swings. Avg was 116 I think.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

According to Titleist , the average swingspeed for PGA Tour Pros is 113mph with only a few hitting 120mph+.

I'm not saying no-one here swings at 120 or above but how often are you hitting the fairways?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I'm not saying no-one here swings at 120 or above but how often are you hitting the fairways?

Hitting fairways ???????? I would have trouble just hitting the BALL......

According to

If you won't say it, I will. No one here swings 120+ and finds the club face

I hit a little under 50% of my fairways (with the driver). A bit higher than that with a fairway metal. I'd say that's about average for a player of my handicap.
In the bag

Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

what a rediculous statement,

NO ONE HERE SWINGS AT 120MPH AND FINDS THE CLUBFACE!

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT??

are you not allowed to post on these forums once you can do that.

oh by the way i can swing well over 120mph and find the clubface actually if i swing at less than 120mph i feel like i am going to fluff it.

k

oh by the way i can swing well over 120mph and find the clubface actually if i swing at less than 120mph i feel like i am going to fluff it.

Congrats. I guess I stand corrected.

In the bag

I did not mean for this to turn into a debate, I guess I was more interested in how these swing speeds were obtainted? Was it from alot of lag and perfect timing or from a wider arc?

Who knows, it just happens. The only clubs I know how fast I swing is my driver and 3w, which averaged out between 105 and 110. Ironically, I swung my 3-wood over 120 a few times, which i never did with a driver, and averaged a overall higher speed with it. I only carry my driver 10-15 yards farther than a 3w.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

lol at you thinking you average 121.3 mph, which is pretty much equal to Tiger, hmm?

Lol...funny. Actually it is 121.3 on five swing done at Golfsmith last summer when i was getting fitted. And no, from what I remember watching a tournament last summer, my swing falls well short of Tigers, which according to the telecast was at 139 when they tracked it. I dont claim to be great, but I am athletic and flexible.

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Lol...funny. Actually it is 121.3 on five swing done at Golfsmith last summer when i was getting fitted. And no, from what I remember watching a tournament last summer, my swing falls well short of Tigers, which according to the telecast was at 139 when they tracked it. I dont claim to be great, but I am athletic and flexible.

Tiger's max swing speed is 125. He averages about 122-123 with a normal driver swing.

In the bag

i know the 139mph swing you are talking about and the ball speed was only 180 something, one or other of the readings wrong - i dont thing tiger EVER has swung at 139mph.

agree with tigers ss above - when he goes for it he is mid to high 120s - british open last year was a good example

on how to generate speed - well - where to begin?

your takeaway is just preperation for the downswing,

stay relaxed and create width from the ground up - good drill to engage all the muscles is to slowly swing 2 clubs at about 3 feet off the ground trying to create a controlled full turn back and through (gives the sensation of where the power comes from) legs and trunk

rotate dont slide hips on the way down,

make sure ball is well positioned (so you naturally hit up) clubhead is still accelerating past your left leg

oh and stay relaxed - its so important not to be tense if you want to swing fast - i dont think this point can be overstated.

PRACTICE A LOT

once you engage all the muscles in the correct order - you will be able to nail it if you wish and with practice become a long hitter -

i have obsessed with power in golf for a long time - i was no more than above average hitter when i was a kid i have worked on it to the point where i put up ball speeds over 200mph at the scottish golf show recently on every machine i hit on.

Alot of people care, swing speed is a great way to measure results.

And here I always thought my score was the way to measure results.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Tiger's max swing speed is 125. He averages about 122-123 with a normal driver swing.

Well since you don't want to believe me, i'll let Mr. Woods speak for himself. The only added thing i'll to this is that in a clinic being done by Tiger Woods, he says that his average is 290 yards at 80%, so his swing speed is more around the upper 130's. I rest my case...

http://www.videogolfclub.com/golf-vi...-swing-vision/ Club speed - 139mph Ball speed - 186 mph Trajectory 11.2 deg Distance - 297 yards (on the fly)

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I think we need to make room for the fact that Tiger is at least 6-2 with long arms, alot of the top touring pros are big men. They can create huge arcs in their swings most 5-7 to 6 foot golfers cannot create.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!