IGNORED

Why Is Gary Player Still Playing In Masters?

The Gill
Note: This thread is 5837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Why is Gary Still Playing Masters?

• He likes taking the slot of a upcoming younger golfer.
    • He's trying to inspire old and new golfers alike.
    • He owns stock in a nipple height pants company and trying to advertise.
    • He has nothing better to do.

i dont mind a legend such as Player competing but when you see sandy Lyle, Ben Crenshaw and the Fuzzy zoellers of this world on the last page of the leaderboard i just think, why they arent "ambassadors of Golf" their slot should be available for "young" golfers not Player

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

• Administrator
i dont mind a legend such as Player competing but when you see sandy Lyle, Ben Crenshaw and the Fuzzy zoellers of this world on the last page of the leaderboard i just think, why they arent "ambassadors of Golf" their slot should be available for "young" golfers not Player

None of the former Masters winners are taking a "slot" away from anyone. The Masters does not have a fixed number of players.

I think this year there were 93. If Jack and Arnie had played, they'd have simply had 95 players, not kept it at 93 and booted Nick Watney or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His playing is probably partly to do with having the chance to play at Augusta, one of the most beautiful and best courses in the world every year. I mean if you had the opportuunity you would play there...

• 2 weeks later...
he still plays on the champions tour(currently still plays competitively. think of it like this.... if you were in the senior tour and you are invited to play in the Masters..... would you turn it down?!?!?!?

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

because he has won the right to... easy... let him play on!!

I reckon. You hit it right on the head.

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

you get an invitation - why would you turn it down - better things to do like play in the kraft double cheese challenge or whatever the event is that takes place in the same week

Because he can!

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

Ugh...checked the wrong box on the poll! Feel like I just sniped one into the lumberyard...

Oh well, I hope this one doesn't get graded.

Player isn't really my favorite, but he earned his right to be there, and I respect the heck out of the man. He knows that he isn't going to win, and the only way he'd even have a Saturday morning tee time would be if there was a heck of a lot of rain on Thursday and/or Friday...

Point is, he has a green jacket being kept on a hanger at Augusta National...this means something.

In My Bag:

Driver: Si3 380
3 & 4 Woods: Eye-o-matic Persimmons (yes...Persimmons)
Irons: 3-PW R7 TP S300Wedges: Karsten II 57* SW, Vokey 54.10 and 58.08 Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: White Hot SabertoothBall: Pro V1x"That's the easiest shot in golf....a short chip into the sand."

Note: This thread is 5837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!