IGNORED

Saturday golfing depression/venting

Pinseeker81
Note: This thread is 5854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I waited all week for Saturday to get here so I could go play some golf. I went to the first course (tiny short little 9 hole, but it's cheap) and they were so crowded I couldn't even find a parking space. So I decided to go to the other course in the area. I got there, and it was pretty crowded as well. Had to stand around for about 5 minutes to get a spot on the range to warm up. I got on, hit my bucket, and went to the practice green. Putted for a while, and started to practice my short chips. One of the range guys comes up and says, "No chipping on this green" (which is the only practice green they have). I asked where I was supposed to practice chipping, and he pointed behind him and said "over there". I said "I'm supposed to practice chipping...off the Driving range ?! He just shrugged and walked off.
Dang I hate that place.

The only practice bunker they have is in front of the hitting line on the range too. You can't use the thing if people are hitting balls out there. Which is always.

Unfortunately, it's the only place around that has relatively reasonable prices. Just don't expect to get to practice there.
I really need to just quit my job so I can play on weekdays.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

What time do you work? At this time of year you could get in an early / late round.
My dad used to work from 10 - 4 ish each day and play 18 before work, his hours were quite flexible though.
x

What time do you work? At this time of year you could get in an early / late round.

I work from 8am-5pm. I might be able to fit in 9 after work if I get off a little early, but 18 won't work.

It's just frustrating waiting the whole week, with only the thought of weekend golf keeping you from jumping off a bridge cause you hate what you do, just to end up spending the day watching tv

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Not to hate on you but I love this time of year. The snowbirds are gone and they would let me play 54 if I chose to. The course now moves faster in the morning, the only drawback is I have no northerners to taunt in the bar after a round. (ok i am from NY but it is fun to horass the new england peeps)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I waited all week for Saturday to get here so I could go play some golf. I went to the first course (tiny short little 9 hole, but it's cheap) and they were so crowded I couldn't even find a parking space. So I decided to go to the other course in the area. I got there, and it was pretty crowded as well. Had to stand around for about 5 minutes to get a spot on the range to warm up. I got on, hit my bucket, and went to the practice green. Putted for a while, and started to practice my short chips. One of the range guys comes up and says, "No chipping on this green" (which is the only practice green they have). I asked where I was supposed to practice chipping, and he pointed behind him and said "over there". I said "I'm supposed to practice chipping...off the

Where in Houston do you live? Wildcat has some pretty good practice facilities. Don't even have to pay for pitching/chipping as there are usually ballls sitting around. Range balls prolly 5 bucks

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Wildcat is about 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic. I'm in the Pasadena area.

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

I waited all week for Saturday to get here so I could go play some golf. I went to the first course (tiny short little 9 hole, but it's cheap) and they were so crowded I couldn't even find a parking space. So I decided to go to the other course in the area. I got there, and it was pretty crowded as well. Had to stand around for about 5 minutes to get a spot on the range to warm up. I got on, hit my bucket, and went to the practice green. Putted for a while, and started to practice my short chips. One of the range guys comes up and says, "No chipping on this green" (which is the only practice green they have). I asked where I was supposed to practice chipping, and he pointed behind him and said "over there". I said "I'm supposed to practice chipping...off the

None of the courses I play at will allow chipping on the putting green, so I'm not surprised at that. Fortunately though, most of them do have short game practice areas.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel for ya man, I have those days too where your golf day just doesnt work out as you planned. Make the best of it, and just head straight to the course next time. Did this kind of setup they had kinda effect your game after going through all that? (thoughtwise, frustrated at what they had going there?)
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I am a member of a men's club that plays every third weekend. They get preferred tee times on weekends for their events, guaranteed number of tee times which the club fills up with teams for the event.

Also at our club, Sunday afternoons teet times are much easier to get. Also at our club you can sign up 7 days in advance and if you become a regular player you get known by the staff so when you call for next week's tee time you get worked into the schedule. It helps to have a regular group of 3 to 4 guys so you can take up an entire slot (they like to fill slots with one group). Or get known as the guy coming each Saturday as a solo that the staff can use to fill out foursomes.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

I feel for ya man, I have those days too where your golf day just doesnt work out as you planned. Make the best of it, and just head straight to the course next time. Did this kind of setup they had kinda effect your game after going through all that? (thoughtwise, frustrated at what they had going there?)

I didn't end up playing at all. It was so packed there wasn't any way I was gonna get in a round before I had to go get my wife from work. We've been down to one car now for about a year, so I got up early to take her in to work so I would have the truck to go play

Oh well. We're both off tomorrow, so I'll likely try again tomorrow afternoon. That's one of the drawbacks with this muni is that they don't do tee times. Just show up and play, everyone at the same time, lol. I may just have to break down every now and then and pay the extra $20 to go to the course with tee times

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Do you have any private courses in your area? maybe investing in a membership would be a great idea.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Do you have any private courses in your area? maybe investing in a membership would be a great idea.

None that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean there's not. I've thought about getting one at

Wildcat Golf Club near here, but I don't know how often I'd be able to get over there. It's not private though. And it's $3,300 a year

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

If you get to play both of the courses they offer for 3300 a year I'd go for that. Thats a nice deal. How far is it from home?
In My Bag

If you get to play both of the courses they offer for 3300 a year I'd go for that. Thats a nice deal. How far is it from home?

30 minutes if traffic is good. 45 if it's not. You get unlimited golf on both courses, unlimited range balls and free Saturday clinics.

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

I didn't end up playing at all. It was so packed there wasn't any way I was gonna get in a round before I had to go get my wife from work. We've been down to one car now for about a year, so I got up early to take her in to work so I would have the truck to go play

The public courses in my area all have tee times. It would seem that they would have to have some control on the spacing between groups to keep from clogging the course.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

The public courses in my area all have tee times. It would seem that they would have to have some control on the spacing between groups to keep from clogging the course.

On weekends they have a marshal on the first box telling you when it's ok, but the only spacing is when the group in front of you is far enough ahead to hit. It gets VERY distracting when you're trying to take a little time to do something right, and you have 6 or 8 people waiting behind you.

As an unrelated side note, that sliding roof stadium you see in the background at the Wildcat main page is the site of the famous (infamous?) Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, lol.

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

why don't you just get another car?

why don't you just get another car?

We will, but we don't have the money saved up yet.

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Note: This thread is 5854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!