IGNORED

Boo Repeats @ Harbour Town

Big_M
Note: This thread is 6003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm calling it over... he's 4 up with 4 to go. What's with players winning back to back titles after thier first win... first JB, now Boo. Unlike JB I think Boo has some more staying power. Anyone have any thoughts on Boo... will he win again?... this year?... any chance at the Ryder Cup?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'm calling it over... he's 4 up with 4 to go. What's with players winning back to back titles after thier first win... first JB, now Boo. Unlike JB I think Boo has some more staying power. Anyone have any thoughts on Boo... will he win again?... this year?... any chance at the Ryder Cup?

I think he keeps getting better. From 2005 to 2006, he dropped his scoring average by two strokes. The result were 9 Top 10s and 14 Top 25, finishes. He had a good 2007, too: 3 Top 3s, 5 Top 10s and 9 Top 25s in 20 Made Cuts.

I'm not sure if he'll make the Ryder Cup but I believe he has staying power. He's funny and self-deprecating. He's good for the game.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Admittedly, when Boo started getting attention from the press, I didn't care for him; I saw him as a silly bumpkin. However, he has a lot of game and he is definitely growing on me. I think part of the reason I'm pulling for Boo is because the media seems to enjoy patronizing him. That rubs me the wrong way. I hope he continues to do well.

• Administrator
Admittedly, when Boo started getting attention from the press, I didn't care for him; I saw him as a silly bumpkin. However, he has a lot of game and he is definitely growing on me. I think part of the reason I'm pulling for Boo is because the media seems to enjoy patronizing him. That rubs me the wrong way. I hope he continues to do well.

I think Boo's got a bit of an act going, too. I have a hard time believing a pro golfer doesn't know when the Masters is or what "Amen Corner" is or some of the other "dumb" things he's said in the past year. If it's an act, he's kind of smart for doing it.

I don't think the press "patronizes" him. I think, if anything, they're a bit too giddy at having a "character." They play into his act (if it's an act). I think he's a good ball striker. I think that if he sticks with what got him where he is, he'll do okay. I'd love to get him on a Ryder Cup team and think he's got a very good chance of making it this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Boo's got a bit of an act going, too. I have a hard time believing a pro golfer doesn't know when the Masters is or what "Amen Corner" is or some of the other "dumb" things he's said in the past year. If it's an act, he's kind of smart for doing it.

Agreed, for example in the match play (the won that some bloke called Tiger won

) the commentators said Boo did not know you could give putts in matchplay, for a golfer at his level, how is that even possible?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I hadn't heard about that. It does seem hard to believe. That reminds me of the "Home of Golf" comment he made.

I don't think the press "patronizes" him. I think, if anything, they're a bit too giddy at having a "character." They play into his act (if it's an act).

Perhaps. Just today, Gary McCord said if he wins, he can buy another mobile home. Yesterday during 5 Questions with David Feherty- with McCord actually- he was asked about MOI in relation to golf clubs as if being set up to look like the dumb hick. How many people really know what 'moment of inertia' is? I do only because I have a physics and engineering background. I don't know. You're probably right and I'm being overly sensitive. Some seem to genuinely like him and think he's good for the tour.

Congrats to Boo, but does anyone else think that Weekly looks like he should have a great big Slurpy in his hands at all times? haha.. Reminds me of a slow moving moose or something... i dunno

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I hadn't heard about that. It does seem hard to believe. That reminds me of the "Home of Golf" comment he made.

Agreed, for example in the match play (the won that some bloke called Tiger won

yeah... I haven't figured out if I think it is an act or not. As some of you stated I think it's kind of hard to believe he didn't know you could give a putt in match play or what Amen Corner is. I think it is possible that he didn't know when (exact date at least) the Masters was, but he certainly should have known about when it comes. Anyway... either way he is an entertaining golfer, and I think he has some game as well. I hope he can make the Ryder Cup as it would be interesting to see him in that enviroment, and maybe loosen up a US team that is going to be facing massive pressure for a win.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

check out Boo!

I'd love to see him play the Ryder Cup. He's great for the game. What a swing too!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I'd say 3/4 real....1/4 act.

How many times has he had to spit some dip before answering a queston? And then does post game interviews with a chaw between the cheek and gums....

Obviously one of my favorites!

Just imagine Boo winning the Masters and "spittin some brown" before Tiger puts the green jacket on him....That will surpass when JD won with trim spa and 84 lumber proudly on his shirt trudging up the 18th hole.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I really enjoyed watching the final round coverage of this tournament today. I think Boo and Anthony did a great job of playing the course. Between Boo's chip-ins and Anthony's birdie run, I was quite excited for the afternoon.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Don't expect Boo to stick around too long. By his own admission, golf is a stressful and crazy game, and he doesn't see himself playing for real long. He's already made enough money to start building his new home next to his old one, and he could easily retire now and do what he loves, fishing and hunting, for the rest of his life. I think it only adds to his likeability.

Don't expect Boo to stick around too long. By his own admission, golf is a stressful and crazy game, and he doesn't see himself playing for real long. He's already made enough money to start building his new home next to his old one, and he could easily retire now and do what he loves, fishing and hunting, for the rest of his life. I think it only adds to his likeability.

I suspect he'll stick around as long as he can enjoy, in large part because he probably loves the attention. He's also smart enough to build up the cash reserves, I'm sure.

But I don't see him as someone who will come back after losing a tour card, if he eventually loses it, except maybe as an occasional sponsor exemption or past champion status for kicks.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I suspect he'll stick around as long as he can enjoy, in large part because he probably loves the attention. He's also smart enough to build up the cash reserves, I'm sure.

If he keeps playing like this he won't have to worry about losing a tour card for a bit. Also, I think he was only half serious when he said he would rather be hunting and fishing... I think he has more desire to win than he lets on. You don't get to play at this level on the PGA without desire.

Boo Weekley is the man. I love his home town, down to earth attitude(and accent). he is awesome, great golfer and i think he will only get better. anyone watch his interview on the Golf Channel talking about hunting and loving the smell of gun powder early in the morning? if i didnt know who this guy was, i would have never guessed he was a professional golfer.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

am I the only one that was disgusted by his spitting on the greens??? Seemed every time the camera went back to him he was doing it...

Apart from that nonsense I do like him though, brings something new to the game...
In The Bag:
Cobra F-Speed Driver 10.5°
Cobra F-Speed 3W LD
Cobra Baffler 2 19°
Cobra Baffler 4 23°PING G5 5-WPING Tour 52°PING Tour 58°PING i5 PutterBushnell V2 Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 6003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!