IGNORED

Biggest jerk on the tour?

easygrip
Note: This thread is 804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry if this offends anyone but this thread seems to be aimed at people with the mentality that it really, really does matters what kind of dog Paris Hilton has in her purse this week, and can't wait to see what she does next week.

Well, I hate to break it to you... but a lot of us are interested in what the players are actually like. ESPN, Golf Digest, Golf Mag., and several other publications make lots of money selling magazines that have articles, interviews, etc. that give us insight into these players lives and personalities. It's the same with all sports... we read about Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and all the other greats as well. Movies have been made depicting some of the more famous sports players lives. 1,000's of books are published each year, biographical and autobiographical in nature, that tell us all about these athletes. I could give two

's about Paris Hilton or any other celebrity for that matter, but as a sports fan I am interested to know what makes Nick Lindstrom tick, and what Phil Mickelson is "really" like. I do enjoy hearing about the legends like Arnold Palmer and Byron Nelson. One of my favorite books was one about Wayne Gretzky as I am a hockey fan. I don't think it is unusual for us to be curious what these guys are like... the real question is why do you care that we have an interest?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'm doing research on the gullibility of people and how easily they are distracted by the most trivial matters in the media. I get a lot of insight from TGC's Big Break show and it's fans also. "Reality" TV at it's best. LMAO

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

I'm doing research on the gullibility of people and how easily they are distracted by the most trivial matters in the media. I get a lot of insight from TGC's Big Break show and it's fans also. "Reality" TV at it's best. LMAO

Hey, that sounds really great! Are you gonna have it on a TV show, with behind the scenes stuff so we can see what we're really like??? Us just plain folks????

I don't know why but Sergio Garcia seem like he could be a total jerk. (spitting in the cup... "I feel I not only have to beat the field but I have to beat fate"...) Or at least he has potential to be a jerk... if something didn't go his way.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I don't think Rory is a jerk, i think he's just dumb. The guy is a joke...

what did woody do (6" putt... i haven't heard this).

Why is it that nobody seems to like Vijay? I guess his comments about women playing on the men's tour hurt his image (even if he was right and was brave enough to speak his mind)? I rooted against him for a long time, but I've seen him on TGC and think he's a decent guy, and he does the eagles for St. Jude.

THE BIG FIJIAN!!!

My vote for biggest jerk: sergio... What a brat.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I am sorry, but Rory is a complete and utter jerk.

In a tournament in 2005, cant remember the name, Rory played with Crane ( a noted slow player ). Ill never forget this.

After the two were placed on the clock for a few holes they were taken off of the clock on the 17th and this happend after it.

Rory hit his approach into the water on the 17th walked to the drop zone which is almost directly behind the flag all before Crane has yet to hit his approach. Crane hits his approach and when the ball stopped moving Rory dropped, hit his shot, marked his ball, picked up the mark, putted out and went to the 18th tee box before Crane finished out. Crane had enough decency to shake the mans hand after the round, but I wish he would have punched him right in the jaw.

Ill never forget how he was booed by the fans after his walk up the the 18th green and after he finished putting and rightfully so.

Ive never liked him since then and never will. The guy is an absolute joke and an embarrasment.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I don't think Rory is a jerk, i think he's just dumb. The guy is a joke...

Here's a link to the Woody Austin putt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifW57c6X34 A tournament official in Indonesia accused Singh of improving his score by a shot, leading to a two-year ban from the Asian Tour. Also, on the Australasian tour, before he was successful he had a reputation for allegedly borrowing money and not repaying it. People have long memories, but I think a lot of the criticism is unfair. With the scoring issue, I read that the official's son was a competitor.

And how do you define what is trivial?

Would you think it trivial if I suggested that you might learn how to use the apostrophe?
  • Upvote 1

And how do you define what is trivial?

Yeah, I was gonna say, doesn't sound very "scientific."

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

3 people spring straight to mind

Woody Austin - arrogant cheat, need i say anymore
Rory Sabbatini - arrogant and disrespectful
Justin Leonard - for what he did at the ryder cup! That was really sporting of him! For that reason i REALLY dislike him and root against him at any given opportunity!

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

Justin Leonard - for what he did at the ryder cup! That was really sporting of him! For that reason i REALLY dislike him and root against him at any given opportunity!

I assume you are talking about Brookline... was that really his fault or was it more of a team thing... I mean his reaction wouldn't have been such a big deal if the rest of the team didn't start running around like heathans, right?

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

The main issue is the fact that firstly he ran all over olazabel's line and secondly it wasn't even a winning putt, olazabel still could have sunk his!

Yes the american team was involved, but it was leonard who ran all over the green like an absoloute moron and it is for this reason that i dislike him, a lot!

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

The main issue is the fact that firstly he ran all over olazabel's line and secondly it wasn't even a winning putt, olazabel still could have sunk his!

did he actually run ON Olazabel's line?

either way... no way Jose was sinking that putt... BUT... it was not a classy victory for the US and is definately a blemish on the American team's accomplishment. If JL did run on his line... then he was an ass (at least that day)... if he just ran around the green like a reject, then it was just overexuberance and mostly the team's fault for what followed.

That was the worst and most embarrassing thing ive ever seen in professional televised golf- just diabolical- the most ungracious, ungentlemanly thing ive ever witnessed. Payne Stewart in the press conference apologised and backed Monty- PS was a nice man.

You wouldnt see anything like that outside America.

Rory seems to have a big mouth (i.e. challenging Tiger, saying he is beatable etc). Otherwise he doesn't seem THAT bad, I guess.

Sergio is just a whiner...if that makes him a jerk then my vote goes to Sergio. Crying about how he can't win a major, how he comes so close, etc etc. Wah, wah.

You wouldnt see anything like that outside America.

hey now... wait just a minute... there are azzholes everywhere. It was a disgrace, but it could happen in other places too. Lets not be too hasty to throw around that "only an American" bullshi*.

What went on at Brookline had a lot to do with the crowds that were let in at the event...Too much beer and too much sun.

Sure, it was noisy and boistrous at The K Club in Ireland, but when the Euros won there was no rubbing their opponents nose in it.

Note: This thread is 804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!