IGNORED

Biggest jerk on the tour?

easygrip
Note: This thread is 841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I doubt they even read their own mail. They wouldn't have the time. Perhaps you should blame their assistant?

Originally Posted by pbyrne02

X129, the request is for a charity.  Giving of yourself for others.  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.  Try it sometime.

Did you join this site with the sole purpose of being sanctimonious?

X129, the request is for a charity.  Giving of yourself for others.  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.  Try it sometime.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Well, at least the ones widely regarded as using gamesmanship to throw off their opponents.

There is a difference between gamesmanship, and unprofessional conduct. Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing?  Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?  Like I said I don’t call that gamesmanship.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

There is a difference between gamesmanship, and unprofessional conduct. Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing?  Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?  Like I said I don’t call that gamesmanship.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. How does this relate to Elkington being annoying to play with and/or Watson being a jerk?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

There a over a million charities in the US. How much time would it take tiger to send them all autographed stuff?  Again it is nice if he does it but calling someone a jerk because they don't is very self centered.

Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?

"Velcro Violence"!!  (Courtesy of somebody I used to play with who had a ton of these things.  Funny guy!)

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

Originally Posted by x129

There a over a million charities in the US. How much time would it take tiger to send them all autographed stuff?  Again it is nice if he does it but calling someone a jerk because they don't is very self centered.

As long as that poster made an effort to support Tiger's charities, he has a case. Otherwise, trashing people who don't contribute to his charity somehow doesn't inspire me to contribute either. Weird.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have witnessed a particularly famous “good guy” act like a total ass to a waitress at dinner, doesnt mmake him a jerk.

On the contrary, that is EXACTLY the kind of behaviour that does make him a jerk. That is his real personality coming out.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

On the contrary, that is EXACTLY the kind of behaviour that does make him a jerk. That is his real personality coming out.

Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.

Who are you talking about? The person's name who was a jerk to the waitress wasn't mentioned at all. How do you know they enjoy life and family

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Who are you talking about? The person's name who was a jerk to the waitress wasn't mentioned at all. How do you know they enjoy life and family

Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

I could have sworn this was the Bubba Watson thread

What? I think you may have quoted the wrong comment or something because that had no relevance to what I said

Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

What? I think you may have quoted the wrong comment or something because that had no relevance to what I said

It was a joke beyond my reach - a very far reaching Tiger reference. Even if you didn't make that connection though, you could not tell it was meant to refer to an ironic situation? Is ironic the right word? Gawrsh, I'm soundin' like Bubba now.

Nah-excruciatingly nice verges into "slightly creepy" territory.  But yes-demeanor with waitresses is the #1 yardstick/barometer for judging one's personality...

Of course I've been a jerk to people.  A TOTAL ASS however?  I hope not.  I certainly remember the people who have been total asses to me.  And I freely admit, I don't know Bubba's real personality, I only know him as a fan of golf knows one of golf's more popular players.  Based on his actions and behavior , just on the golf course-he seems a little douchey.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

No one is claiming to be a saint, but most acknowledge that treating a waiter or waitress poorly is a 100 per cent giveaway of true character.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

No one is claiming to be a saint, but most acknowledge that treating a waiter or waitress poorly is a 100 per cent giveaway of true character.

Really, anybody can murder a bothersome neighbor in a fit of pique or steal a few million bucks from a friend who trusted them with their investments (so hard to resist temptation, ya know?).  We can overlook the occasional human failing, but mistreating a waitress is shabby stuff indeed.  Not even Bubba would do that, would he?

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

Note: This thread is 841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!