IGNORED

How often do you Clean your Clubs?

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often are your "golf bats" cleaned

• After every round
    • After every 2-3 Rounds
    • As i go Round
    • Barely ever, maybe before big comps

I have a ball/club washer on my cart along with wet and dry towels. I wipe the shaft and grip of each club the first time I use it in a round, and clean the head of every club I use before puting it back in the bag.

I would rather give up the ball washer than the club washer.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every once in a while I will take them in the house and clean them good. Clean the grips, wipe down the shaft, and really get the clubface clean. Warm water, dishsoap, and an old toothbrush works great.

yep, same here... usually about every 5-10 rounds, but it really depends on the conditions. I also use those scrubby things w/ water (club washer's) that are on some carts and at driving ranges if they are available.

I soak a towel and squeeze out the excess before I head out for a round and keep it draped on the chassis of my BagBoy... I wipe my clubs clean after each stroke - if neccesary - before putting them back in the bag. Only takes a couple seconds.

Same routine here... on my bagboy. I even have multiple towels so I can just wash them all at once.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I have these disposable towels that mechanics use to clean grease and oil off their hands (I worked in a dealership, so I "borrowed" a few containers of the stuff). It's like a wet towel with coarse red fibers in them to scrub whatever it is your cleaning. Works great for clubs.

http://www.durablesupply.com/dyscinbu.html

Pretty much that stuff, but it isn't scented.

Bag o' goodness:

r7 460 - Driver
- Woods
Burner - Irons - Putter

I have a big Life Is Good golf towel, and I bought this two-piece, hexagonal brush - it has two pieces and you "sandwich" the towel in between them. I soak the towel before each round, and use the wet towel/brush combo either after each shot or before the next shot with that club.

About once every 3-4 rounds, I'll fill my kitchen sink with hot water and a mechanic's hand cleaner (has that added grit in it). I have this brush with pretty stiff nylon bristles (it's sold as a automotive battery brush) that is the perfect stiffness for cleaning out grooves, but is still flexible enough to work itself around all the contours of the sole, face, etc... I'll dry them with a clean towel, and when I'm done and that towel is damp, I'll wipe down each grip.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I have an ultrasonic cleaner just throw all the clubs in and done in 5 minutes.

Once a month I also re-square the groove edges on my wedges after cleaning them to maximize backspin a must in summer with baked greens.

As for polishing the clubs, you might ask why:

I just did that then, and I did it with my shafts too with the metal polish to stop rusting. They look really good!!

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

After every shot. I use a thing called a Groove Tube, plastic bottle with a plastic brush mounted on the top of it. You fill it with water, as you brush the club head with the top, water comes out and cleans your grooves. Then just wipe it dry with a towel. Maximum groove action on every shot! I picked it up at an off course golf store. Great buy.

This is exactly what I use at the moment. I clean before each shot, and after, time permitting. Long break, I'll poke around in the bag to see if anything needs cleaning.

I'll be a bit more OCD about with the new clubs on their way, so I have to figure that out.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I brush as needed and wipe them off with a damp club towel hanging on my bag.

I want a clean club at address. It gives me confidence that the grooves are gonna work their magic.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'll clean the grooves after each shot in a round, and then after the round when the guys take the bags off the trolley they clean the clubs properly

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I'll clean the grooves after each shot in a round, and then after the round when the guys take the bags off the trolley they clean the clubs properly

Fancy! Then I just noticed your location. The courses there must be high-roller.

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Fancy! Then I just noticed your location. The courses there must be high-roller.

I played a lot of courses in the Bay Area...they cleaned my clubs properly... I hate when they don't though..and just use a random rag that doesn't get the dirt off..it just pushes into the grooves...

Best place I've ever had my clubs cleaned El Camaeleon at Mayakoba.... ice water towels brought out to you every 3-4 holes.... an on-board club tub and a nice towel on your cart. a real cooler to keep all of your drinks fresh till you see the cart girl again.. it's a great place!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I played a lot of courses in the Bay Area...they cleaned my clubs properly... I hate when they don't though..and just use a random rag that doesn't get the dirt off..it just pushes into the grooves...

Yeah, Four Seasons in Aviara - GPS cart with ice cold water bottles in a cooler, when you were finished, hot towels for your hands, and the clubs were throughly cleaned (with brush, etc). Plus a plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies :). I made two birdies that day, I guess I just like being pampered.

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I clean them as I go with one of the two sided brass nylon brushes.
After the range I use the bucket there. Also I found that a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a great way to get rid of ball marks on the face of the irons and if you have any on the paint on your drivers. A little water on it a just wipe them away. I keep one in the bag all the time.

Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!