IGNORED

What GPS, Tracking or Rangefinder ?

So back playing golf and taking in more seriously it has got to the time where technology comes into play. I have Arccos as they came free with the clubs and trying it out all seems good however, I am now in a absolute mess trying to pick between three options (feel free to confuse me further by throwing in more suggestions) but want to see what the consensus is between these and of those who may own or use. 
So we are looking at the either: Garmin Z82, Voice Caddie SL2 or ShotScope Pro LX + 

All see to have their merits but I like my technology and these seem to be the all signing all dancing GPS integrated rangefinders. With Shotscope I could ditch Arccos but with the other would carry on using Arccos most likely. Garmin has the nice blind shot compass to the green but no screen. Voice Caddie has the screen but I have heard the course info can sometimes be a bit dated etc. 

In desperate need of help I'd like to have one in my bag next Wednesday when I play. HELP ME PLEASE!

1 hour ago, BadgerGolf said:

In desperate need of help I'd like to have one in my bag next Wednesday when I play. HELP ME PLEASE!

There's a thread here about the Shotscope GPS/shot tracking devices. I don't use the device discussed in the thread, but I've been using a shotscope watch for 3+ years and I think it is great since they added strokes gained stats over a year ago. I've used Garmin devices too; the quality of the Garmin is better IMO than Shotscope with regards to the device itself, but I think Shotscope has a much better interface, tracking, and smartphone/web platform.

-Peter

• :cobra: King RADSPEED
  • :pxg: GEN4 0341XF, Fairway
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Like I was saying he's under the radar but would have played well at the Pres cup ....now maybe  in the top 25 in the world .. will make the next Masters..... >>>>>>>>>>> When it comes to motivation, Ryan Fox didn’t glean much from being bypassed for Presidents Cup captain’s pick a few weeks back. However, as he navigated St. Andrews’ Old Course to the tune of 4-under 68 and a one-shot victory Sunday at the Alfred Dunhill Links, Fox was spurred on by something else: his late pro-am partner. “To be honest the only person I can really think of at the moment is Warnie,” Fox said on the 18th green afterward. Fox, the 35-year-old son of New Zealand rugby player Grant Fox, had paired with Australian cricket legend Shane Warne a few times in this event, including last year when the duo finished second. That marked the last appearance for Warne, a regular at the Dunhill Links who died from a suspected heart attack last March at age 52. “There was definitely some extra motivation there this week,” Fox added later. “Maybe not so much the Presidents Cup, but definitely to try to do something special for Warnie … and I'm pretty proud to have been able to accomplish that.” Fox, who ended last year at No. 213 in the world rankings, is now expected to rise inside the top 25, 
    • Obviously Fox saw the discussions here and proved a point yesterday
    • It's been a long time since I've played alone, but I'm looking forward to doing it again one day. I like it as an intermediate zone between the range and golf with other people. I find it much easier to play alone, and it allows me to practice shots I otherwise might not think to try if I was on the range. Added bonus that it's very peaceful and low stress, and it's a nice thing to mix into the routine.
    • I quit because I have to. It's kind of difficult to golf through 3 feet of snow. Right now my issue is a lot of family demands and very little light. Also I often have issues with heightened expectations when I haven't been playing great as of late.  Since becoming an avid golfer, I haven't really quit golf, I've just put it on pause.
    • This is where you should read Rule 14.3c(2).  Essentially you drop once, if the ball doesn't stay in the Relief Area you drop again.  If it doesn't stay the second time, you place it where it landed.  If you try to place it twice and it still won't come to rest, you find the nearest place it WILL stay at rest.  You might end up going well out of the Relief Area to find that nearest place, which COULD get you to a better spot.  No guarantees, but this particular Rule can sometimes help, if you understand it.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. bluemagoo
      bluemagoo
      (72 years old)
    2. Camdenn
      Camdenn
      (27 years old)
    3. Joe Jetson
      Joe Jetson
      (67 years old)
    4. Karlos
      Karlos
      (30 years old)
    5. Markdd91
      Markdd91
      (31 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...