IGNORED

Greetings From VA

LoganMac

Just stumbled across this forum this AM while searching for a place to find people to test a new application I built. Love all of the discussions I've seen so far! 

Name is Logan. From Charlottesville, VA area and been playing golf for about 4 years now. Still a pretty terrible player (hdc ~15), but enjoy just being outdoor and out from behind my computer screen. I've been working as a software engineer for about 8 years now and finally powered through the imposter syndrome phase of my career and have started dabbling in some side projects that interest me (particularly golf). Full transparency: as mentioned in intro, I originally found this forum while looking for a place to find other golf enthusiasts to help test a new app I've been working on for organizing and scheduling golf outings, but upon perusing I discovered that it could be a great place for me to learn more and have some good discussions with like-minded golfers. 

Hopefully I didn't break any community rules in this post. I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to viewing and participating in more discussions!

Logan M.

Edited by LoganMac
clarification

29 minutes ago, LoganMac said:

Just stumbled across this forum this AM while searching for a place to find people to test a new application I built. Love all of the discussions I've seen so far! 

Name is Logan. From Charlottesville, VA area and been playing golf for about 4 years now. Still a pretty terrible player (hdc ~15), but enjoy just being outdoor and out from behind my computer screen. I've been working as a software engineer for about 8 years now and finally powered through the imposter syndrome phase of my career and have started dabbling in some side projects that interest me (particularly golf). Full transparency: as mentioned in intro, I originally found this forum while looking for a place to find other golf enthusiasts to help test a new app I've been working on for organizing and scheduling golf outings, but upon perusing I discovered that it could be a great place for me to learn more and have some good discussions with like-minded golfers. 

Hopefully I didn't break any community rules in this post. I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to viewing and participating in more discussions!

Logan M.

Welcome to TheSandTrap from another Virginian, I'm in Reston.  Since you're aware that there might be some rules that would impact your initial interest here, you should review the https://thesandtrap.com/a/faq/, most importantly the bit about Promoting a Commercial Product or Service.  Folks who come here simply to "use" the membership, for pretty much any purpose, are often banned pretty quickly, but we definitely welcome people who are interested in sharing and  contributing.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST.  There is a wealth of golf information here to help your game and the members are friendly and helpful.   We're glad you've joined.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Great place to interact and enjoy golf! Welcome. 

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

21 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Welcome to TheSandTrap from another Virginian, I'm in Reston.  Since you're aware that there might be some rules that would impact your initial interest here, you should review the https://thesandtrap.com/a/faq/, most importantly the bit about Promoting a Commercial Product or Service.  Folks who come here simply to "use" the membership, for pretty much any purpose, are often banned pretty quickly, but we definitely welcome people who are interested in sharing and  contributing.

I used to work in Reston doing construction during my summers in college! Thanks for the information. I'm curious if my initial interest falls in the category of promotion as I'm more trying to get feedback and people to test an application to make it better. I'm the sole developer on it and there are no ads and free to use. I'm not well-versed in business so I could be describing a free-to-use and ad-free commercial product 😁  

• iacas changed the title to Greetings From VA
14 minutes ago, LoganMac said:

I'm curious if my initial interest falls in the category of promotion as I'm more trying to get feedback and people to test an application to make it better. I'm the sole developer on it and there are no ads and free to use. I'm not well-versed in business so I could be describing a free-to-use and ad-free commercial product 😁  

22 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Folks who come here simply to "use" the membership, for pretty much any purpose, are often banned pretty quickly,

I'd say that "using" the membership to get feedback for a personal project could be an issue.  Participate, post in threads that interest you, get to know us and let us get to know you.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.