IGNORED

Home Indoor Putting Drills

Seeking guidance from the collective wisdom of experienced players.

I am still struggling with a back&ankle injury but keen to start my journey with some home putting practice so when I head to the course it's a smoother transition.

Looking for drills I can do at home, ideally on carpet/laminate (garden would be considered dee rough), I dont have any special cup/greeb equipment but if you can recommend cheap options I'll take a look.

Space is finite best areas would be around 8-10x3ft. Previously checked drills but all seem to be more on the green or bigger areas. 

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

I have a bunch of them if you’re interested.  

if you have a 3’ metal ruler that is an inch wide, rolling a putt from the hole in one end and off the other is a great start line drill.  Anything off the sides is a mishit.

Place a dime 18” in front of your ball and roll it over the center of the coin. This is another great start line and contact drill.

Putt to a plastic cup 5’ away. I have coins in mine so it doesn’t fall over. Place an alignment rod along your toe line to line up. Test where your eyes should be when you see a straight line to the cup, and you can do this with the ruler drill. If you are left eye dominant, like me, I see a straight line when the ball is under my left eye. My right eye dominant friends tend to see it straight with the ball further back in their stance.

Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for this, just picked up a second hand set of lh clubs for £50 (inc some balls/tee's) so i'll be in a position to do this come Friday and potentially some funds towards a better surface as needed moving forward.

(Swing Thread)

• Administrator

Look there at the putting drills. You can do all of those inside, and some don't even need a mat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Check out "X-Putt"

Just checking im not missing something, that looks like an arcade machine? Or is it something else?

Fun sidenote: bought an adjustable cup to aim at and ended up buying a chipping net for the garden, figure i cant do much damage to my garden at this point 

(Swing Thread)

8 hours ago, IceMike said:

looks like an arcade machine? Or is it something else?

It's a Putting Simulator.
It will show your club path stroke, face angle, stroke rymthm, etc.
It has various green configurations and speed settings for practice.
It shows the ball path to the hole also.
About $450 USD 
I'll post a few pics later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

@IceMike
Here are photos of the data and analysis of a putting stroke with XPutt.
Xputt1.thumb.PNG.01adbe1cbef166124d59148afa0f2e16.PNGXputt2.thumb.PNG.312c124d4de16b82880721f6e156814a.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
On 6/2/2023 at 8:24 AM, Club Rat said:

XPutt

You keep leaving off the "e".

how_it_works.jpg

Putting Simulator, Golf Practice & Training

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was what through me off initially as XPutt is a game for l golf clubhouses etc 

I think Exputt is probably out of my budget for the foreseable, the second hand clubs I picked up will do me for a while but i'll need to replace in parts relatively soon, probably throughout next summer and I dont want to push my luck with my wifes support of my interest. 

With that said the cost of putting matts that cover the more advanced elements are in the ~£150 range so going for the Exputt would make more sense once im set club wise.

(Swing Thread)