IGNORED

2023 Ally Challenge / PGA Tour Champions

StuM

I'm going to my 1st Senior Tour (Officially "PGA Tour Champions") event next week at Warwick Hills, the Ally Challenge.  I've really not watched much of the Tour Champions and was looking at the web site to see who was going to be there and the field is only showing 12 players as of today.  Is that typical for a Tour Champions event?  Since it is only 1 week away I would suspect they know everyone that will be there but not sure, could there be last minute additions?

It just seem to be a very small field.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It will update at some point. There will be more than 12 players. Don Felder is playing Friday night if you are an Eagles fan. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

3 hours ago, snapfade said:

It will update at some point. There will be more than 12 players. Don Felder is playing Friday night if you are an Eagles fan. 

I know, but I am going to miss that.😒

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

(edited)

Well, today did not go as planned. 

I got to the course @ 10am but should have checked before I drove 50 miles.  Heavy overnight rain delayed the gates opening from 10am to 1pm and pushed tee times back to 3pm.

I figured, hey, I’m here do make the best of it.  Finally they opened gates at 12:40 and we got to our hospitality suite @ 1 and had lunch.  They moved the  opening concert act up from 6pm to 1:30 so we had some entertainment.

@ 2:45 we headed to the 10th green to start watching some golf.  But by the time we got to the green they announced all golf was cancelled for the day.  Headed back to the suite for a drink, snack and more of the concert.

They moved Don Felder to 5pm but by then my group was tired and decided to just head home.

it was not a total bust but not what we were hoping for.

Edited by StuM
Fixed typos

Stuart M.

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't what you expected.  Heavy rains last night.  We had over 2" last night and within the last 3 days about 4.5".   There were 6 confirmed tornadoes last night within the state.  I'm not surprised they closed the course.  All local courses were closed today. 

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I clearly understand the call.  We got the same storms at my house and I had to drain water out of the pool this morning, simply too full.

They were still pumping water out of bunkers at 1pm.  The greens & Fairways we saw looked great but I am sure if I walked in them they would have been water logged.  They said a couple holes were simply not playable.

Still, I did enjoy the day and spent time with a few clients which is a plus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

That’s too bad @StuM.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave