IGNORED

What days/time to show up at Bethpage?

JYB
Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm usually free during the week and was thinking about driving out to Bethpage from the city.

Now, i can't get a reservation unless i register my license at Bethpage so for my initial playing day, let's say on a Tuesday, what time should i show up? Do i get to pick which course i want to play when i show or do they assign me to one? Are all the courses based out of the same clubhouse so I just show up there and then go? Thanks.

This time of year get there before 7:30 and you can just about pick what you want as a single and have anywhere from 15min to 1.5 hrs wait depending on which course you want to play.Make sure you regisiter your liscence at the counter so you can reserve Tee times all year round.If the Black[everyones favorite] is too long a wait shoot for the Red you will love it.In next order Blue Green Yellow.Good Luck

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Kind of a side question - Bethpage will be host to next year's US Open (correct me if I'm wrong)...when would be the best time to go (before or after) play the black course so as to play as close as possible to the US Open conditions?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I'm jealous. I played hookey last Wednesday, slept in, got there at 10:30 and got on at 12:15. Saw an opening for Black at 11:00, but someone snapped it up. You sign up for all the courses from one place - there's a screen for each course and you choose your time. Park yourself in one of the 20 minute spots nearest to the clubhouse and then find a real parking spot. I think blue is 9 holes for now.

Surprisingly, I had no problems with traffic since I was going against the commuter flow. It was almost like a weekend drive. The Northern State is usually better than the LIE.

I agree with flap - it's definitely a crapshoot how long you'll wait, but you'll get something. Just roll the dice.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PARdon my asking, but what are greens fees?
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Plaed the Black yesterday. They are aerating some of the greens, so no wait at all. Got off real quick, and there were several foursomes open.

They only aerated half the greens on a couple of the holes, so you were able to put on the good half. 15 and 16 were a bit shaggy, and 14 and 13 were fully aerated. I think they were aerating 2 fully as well.

Still, great time to get out there as there are spots available.

And boy is that course a monster.

Greens Fees:
NY Resident (must show ID): $50
Non-NY Resident: $100

They have twilight rates, but you won't get 18 in if you go at twilight time.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!