IGNORED

Driver Spin, Launch Angle, and Aoa All Very High

I have very high spin and launch angle with my driver and am not sure why or what I should be working on to fix it.
Driver is 8.5 degree titleist tsi3

Launch numbers from bushnell launch pro
SS 120-125, ball speed 170-180
AOA +7-9 degrees
Launch angle ~20 degrees
Spin is 3600-4400

Are you hitting it high on the face? Without seeing your swing, we can’t really comment. You can start a My Swing thread in the Member Swings section.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Tough to say (like @boogielicious said, put something in Member Swings)… but I imagine even if you brought the AoA back down you'd still be spinning it far too much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If launch angle is 20* and your AoA is around 8*, then the loft you're actually presenting must be right around 22*, making for a spin loft of about 14*. I don't really know if that's a lot or not, but it doesn't feel that far out of whack with normal. On that basis, it seems to me likely that you're hitting the club below the center of the face. That would tend to launch it lower and maybe that means that the 22* of loft I mentioned before is on the lower part of the face and you're actually even higher than that. 

Your ballflight must be something else. Holy hang time baby! Not to mention what's your peak height? Like 300 feet?

Are you sure that your AoA is+7-9 degrees ? Unless you are hitting all your driver lower on the face, I bet that your real AoA is more like +2/+3 and making your spin loft around 18°, plus your high speed is pretty normal to be around 4k spin.