• Total spin 5519

6 iron

• Clubhead speed 91.7 mph
  • Ball speed 111.6 mph
  • Launch angle (vertical)  20.9
  • Carry yardage 151.1
  • Peak height 97'11"
  • Total spin 6426

So… Your smash factors are much too low, and your launch a bit too high.

• 111/89.2 = 1.24
  • 111.6/91.7 = 1.22

Those are nearly 20% too low. And for whatever reason… your 5-iron was swung slower than your 6I, by 2.5 MPH. You launch the ball too high for the speed you generate. You're not that far off on clubhead speed for your irons, but you're way off in most everything else.

large.pga_tour_lpga_tour_launch_data.jpg

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm meeting with my instructor tomorrow, so I'll share the info and he can point me in the right direction. I'm convinced its on me not the club.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I'm meeting with my instructor tomorrow, so I'll share the info and he can point me in the right direction. I'm convinced its on me not the club.

You probably flip and add too much loft, launching the ball too high.

Again, the most glaring there… is your smash factor. IMO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I met with my instructor yesterday and talked about the 5/6 iron deal and he had me take a few swings with each and he said, "Yeah, we aren't going to be working on that today". He said, "First thing you need to do is take the concrete blocks off your feet". LOL I knew I was lacking in my turn but after some viewing the video I was limiting my swing. I noticed it on the Mevo videos but I figured the ball goes straight a good part of the time Im ok.  Got me on the weight transfer board and another thing that did the same thing but was a little harder to keep balance on at first. He said your losing a few mph of swing speed turning the way you turn. So he showed me some drills to reinforce and I'll go back in a few weeks and re-evaluate.  Mostly all arm swing. I felt more in control swinging the way I did but it was not 100% reliable. Anyways, I have work to do. Once I get this ingrained I'm anxious to see how my numbers change. He said one step at a time, don't worry so much about where the ball goes, get that proper turn down, that weight transfer, your losing speed the way your doing it. Even if the ball goes straight its not going as far as it could, plus its not good for my back. Ill get some video and upload my swing at some point.  The positive I was hitting center of the clubface. I shouldn't have waited 7 months or so to visit him.  Shout out to the PGA instructors!! 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

2 minutes ago, snapfade said:

... I shouldn't have waited 7 months or so to visit him.  Shout out to the PGA instructors!! 

From your lips to God's ears. 

Couldn't agree more. 👍👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.