Sign in to follow this  
eberryhill7

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 3852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

91 posts / 19081 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I feel that Titleist clubs are for better golfers. I want to be one of them. One of the best ways to do that is follow their lead on the tools of the trade.

I totally agree. I was not saying that they are not good clubs by any stretch. I just believe that people may, due to the aura surrounding Titleist clubs, be drawn to them more then other brands when trying to get to the next level.

Almost all my clubs are Powerbilt. I know they are not a well known name anymore but I love the clubs that I have. Sometimes I feel you are paying for a name considering what others charge. I have had great customer service when I have called them also.

Sometimes I feel you are paying for a name considering what others charge.

I agree, but it is also true that to many people the name brand clubs feel better so they buy them. Also, generally, the big name companies have more resources to put into R&D; and production, so their clubs are better then the less well knows companies. Plus people might gain confidence knowing that they have the most expensive, newest clubs.

I'm a mixed bag because I am not a one company man. I love taylormade drivers, mizuno irons, and titleist balls. So I guess those three. Cobra is ok too :)

My favorite company will be the one that sponsors me and gives me thousands and thousands of dollars worth of free clubs, shoes, gloves, etc.......

When I looked at the post I immediately thought “Oh, it would obviously be PING”. Thinking about it, I decided I’m completely biased by the brand, since most of my equipment has been PING since I can remember. I have never hit an Adams, Cleveland (Except for a CG10 Wedge), Nike or Mizuno club in my life, only hit Taylormade drivers and fairway woods, Only hit Cobra’s irons, etc.

The fact is I’m sure most people just haven’t “tried” a lot of the equipment out there which might be even better suited for them. I guess some of us just go for the brand we like even before thinking on other possibilities, and in case we find something good otherwise we try to match “our brand” with it.

Most of the time, and here I speak for myself, even forgiving more faults than you would not accept in other brand clubs, just because it’s the brand you love.

Cheers..

Other - I'll vote for Wilson. They've really revitalized their Staff line of products and their prices are very reasonable.

Every company in my opinion has their niche. I love Ping bags, the best ever made. Drivers and woods are made well by a certain few... Callaway and TM would be my votes. All the big boys make good irons, up to your preference. Cleveland and Vokey are the tops in wedges. As far as putters go, the argument could go on forever.....

I am obviously off on a tangent. MacGregor was not even one of the choices to vote on. I used to sell clubs and have tons of them sitting around from every manufacturer.

My understanding is that MacGregor used to make great clubs, then they started turning out crap. This ended a few years ago; however, their popularity does not seem to have rebounded.

I play MacGregor M565 irons. They are the best irons I have ever hit, and the components are second to none. Forged cavity backs, high quality stock shafts (Rifle), along with reduced offsets. For the money, MacGregor is currently offering some of the best clubs out there.

for drivers and irons ill take taylormade r7's over anything

for wedges cleveland or titleist

for a putter Yes!

Note: This thread is 3852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!