IGNORED

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

What is your favorite company in terms of performance of the clubs, customer service, and appearance?

For example I like TaylorMade because I love their clubs, their customer service is very helpful, and the clubs look good in my bag. I feel confident hitting the clubs, and I like how my bag sets up with their clubs.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out MacGregor, so other.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I do love my TaylorMade R5 drivers. Yes I have three of them. One each for practice, league and
then my newest R5 with a Fit on 11 Six shaft for tournaments. I also have a new TaylorMade
Burner 3 wood and a few R580 fairway clubs I use off and on. My putter is also a TaylorMade
Monza Corza

I had the TaylorMade R7 XD irons for the last year and really tried to like them. I never felt like I
was making good solid contact so I sold them and went back to my old set of Orlimar Hip Steel
irons. Don't laugh....they are the best set of irons I have ever hit. I buy and sell clubs on e Bay
for a living so I get to try them all. God I do love my Orlimar's. They were so ahead of their time
with looks performance, distance and control. I am trying to find another set to buy so I can
have a back up for when I wear out this set.

I like TaylorMade a bunch and it may be a status thing to carry them but all that "Image is
everything" crap does not help me with my irons. I go with the brand that works when it comes to iron play.....Orlimar

Top it all off with my 3 Vokey wedges and Pro V 1 balls and I am ready to go. The only things
holding me back is my talent........ or lack of.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

You can't go wrong with Taylor Made, but i've never really played anything of there's besides my three wood... but I have love for Titleist and Cleveland, but I chose Titleist!

DRIVER - 907D2 9.5
3 WOOD - FIRESOLE
IRONS - TA3
WEDGES - 52,56 60
PUTTER - WHITE HOT

I do love my TaylorMade R5 drivers. Yes I have three of them. One each for practice, league and

I agree completely, as much as it pains me to say, I love Taylormade (the apparent Micro$oft of golf) products. I have a Superquad that may leave the bag only to be buried with me, and I tried to boot my LT2's with a set of MP57's, only to see them back in the bag two rounds after the start of the season.

I quoted the above because I was confused. Why would you want to practice with a different shaft than you play in tournaments? To me, the would be about the worst possible thing to do with a club as fickle as the driver.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Callaway - Ben Hogan.
I never cared with Callaway until I had to deal with their customer service. Now I am a big fan and will definitely look at Callaway equipment first.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I'd personally have to say Nike beacuse its the only good peice of equipment I have

but their customer service sucks.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

1. Taylormade
2. Cleveland
3. Hogan

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

I quoted the above because I was confused. Why would you want to practice with a different shaft than you play in tournaments? To me, the would be about the worst possible thing to do with a club as fickle as the driver.[/QUOTE]

I knew hen I posted about using three different drivers that someone would pickup on the
problems it could cause.

But here is the deal. When I use my tourney driver I feel like I can hit it long and straight every
time. And the proof is that I won the club championship senior division 2nd flight last year. My
4 man scramble team won the largest tournament of the year for the second straight year using my
drives over 65% of the time.

The last two years have been very rewarding with wins in some lessor tournaments plus a few
seconds and a third. The strongest part of my game comes tournament time is my drives. I don't
know if it is the driver with the high dollar shaft or if I just think I can hit it down the middle each
time and that causes me to succeed. Maybe it is just luck. But it is a great feeling to have other
players ask if you will play on their teams just for your drives

The thing is that I know I can hit the Tourney driver long and straight but I don't want to wear it
out or break it as I don’t think I can find that setup again with out spending big bucks. So for that
reason I will not use it on a daily basis. As long as my driver rotation works I will stick with it. I
would not recommend this practice to anyone but it sure works for me.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

Mizuno... i would have sex with their irons

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Taylormade all the way they make excellent woods and I have hit their irons(love em) but do to technical$ difficulties they are not in my bag

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

I voted Mizuno because of their great irons and wedges BUT I LOVE Taylormade for their balls alone.

Their balls DESTROY everyone else.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

Mizuno... i would have sex with their irons

Be sure to insert the grip-end first!

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

well, im not gay, so mizunos arent my thing, but i would get with some callaway clubs.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I obviously voted Ping (see below ) I've had great customer service and love the product.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I like Ping quite a bit but have a bunch of brands in my bag and my favourite club overall is still my Cobra driver so I voted Cobra. Plus they have the hands down best commercials so got to give them some love for that.

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

Had to go with Ping.

Driver: WRX G5 9* Fujikura Speeder 757
3-wood: G2 WRX 14*
Hybrid: G5 19*
Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!