IGNORED

Mizuno MP Fli Hi Hybrid Iron - Any feedback

Note: This thread is 4231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

no, hes not talking about the Fli hi clk, hes talking about the one that looks like a giant 4 iron

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my CLK but want to try the iron styled one.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Yea, the 06 one has the cut muscle just like my 57's. I feels nice just like any good mizuno does. If you have the cash, go for it!!! The 06 model is on golfsmith for pretty cheap right now, so good luck

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

Although I prefer lofted woods to either long irons or hybrids from the fairway, I like to hit a driving iron from the tee on tight driving holes.

The 18º (#2) Fli-Hi serves nicely in this capacity, but there is a noticeable difference hitting it from the cup of a fully sunken wooden tee, as I would using it as a driving iron, or hitting it off the deck. I rarely try to hit it from the fairway.

I love my Fli-Hi (3-iron). It has all the advantages to me of an iron, looks nicer than a hybrid, and the only disadvantage is difficulty hitting it from heavy rough. It replaced a Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid and I'm happy with the change.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive got a few of these clubs: a 2 (18*), 3 (21*) and a 4 (24*). I like them because they look and feel a lot like a traditional iron, but they have a higher launch and are easier to hit than a long iron.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm going to hit my dad's club on the course when things warm up to make sure it really hits better than my iron and then buy one... don't want to waste money.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, what is the difference between the club with Fli-Hi on the back and the one with MP on the back. Is there any difference between the two? Thanks.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Hello, what is the difference between the club with Fli-Hi on the back and the one with MP on the back. Is there any difference between the two? Thanks.

The MP is a newer version, featuring the "cut muscle" technology.

The MP is a newer version, featuring the "cut muscle" technology.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I'm sorry, I don't understand the term "cut muscle" technology.

Are they both hollow, and weighted on the bottom and club perimeter?

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I'm sorry, I don't understand the term "cut muscle" technology.

No problem, perhaps a picture will help?

With Cut Muscle Technology: Without Cut Muscle Technology:

• 4 weeks later...
I took out my 4 irons and replaced it with a hybrid with great success, I am sure you already switched.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• 1 month later...

So, I just bought the MP Fli Hi Hybrid in a 2. I had the oportunity to play 9 holes with it this week. Here is my initial impression:

AMAZING!

This club replaced my Cobra Baffler DWS. I can hit the Cobra most of the time. The problem I had with it (and most hybrids) was forgetting to swing it like an iron. When I would swing it like a wood, I got unpredictable results.

The Mizuno MP looks like an iron at address. It is dead on accurrate! I used it for every tee shot on Par 4/5. I hit it from every kind of lie, I could find. I tried to draw it on a doglegg by changing my grip. Since it's a hybrid, it went straight (I closed the face on another shot and got the draw I wanted) into the rough with an uphill lie.

Since it's a Mizuno, the feel of hitting it pure is unbeattable! The swing weight was smooth, fluid, and addicting! My old hybrids where a little heavy in comparison (which may have added to the swing it like a wood tendency).

In conclusion, if you love the hybrids, but tend to swing it like a wood....take a look at the MP Fli Hi. Since it is Mizuno, you can adjust everything; lie, loft, length....

Now I can't wait to get my 3 and 4....

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I have the 3 and 4 and love them. I had the callaway x H 3 and hated it. I am a natural drawer of the ball and just hit rope hooks and just didn't like the weight or feel. Maybe it was the shaft but I am selling it. Anyway, they rock. I have a question about the 2. Can you hit it high enough to get good distance? I hit the 3 about 200 yards in the air. I really like my 5 wood so I would not feel comfortable taking that out of my bag for a 3rd fli-hi. I can hit that 5 wood as far as I can any 3 wood I have hit about 225-230 (I have 2 sitting in my garage).

Brian

If you hit the 3 200 carry, I would imagine you get at least 210 carry with the 2. If that doesn't match your 5w, look into adjusting the loft. That would give you some distance.

I get great ball flight out of the 2. One of the things that sold me on these clubs is the shaft options. When I was at the demo day, I hit every shaft they had. The DG SL's have BEAUTIFUL ball flight! The down side for me was the swing weight was really low in comparison. With my swing, me and the rep agreed the sturdiness of the DG was better.

I would suggest going to a demo day and hitting the 2, and some of the shaft options. Granted, you might be hitting the 6i for the different shafts.

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Thank you for the info regarding the 2. Do you know if these can be delofted. I am planning on bending my irons a bit. They seem to hit the ball very high and I think they are almost a full club shorter than my last set. I would consider doing it to my 3 and 4 fli hi, but they seems to be a little lower flight than my mp60s.

Brian

Thank you for the info regarding the 2. Do you know if these can be delofted. I am planning on bending my irons a bit. They seem to hit the ball very high and I think they are almost a full club shorter than my last set. I would consider doing it to my 3 and 4 fli hi, but they seems to be a little lower flight than my mp60s.

Actually I believe that they can be. I know that was an option when I ordered mine. Since they are forged, they are soft and can be adjusted. Give your local Mizuno Dealer a call.

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i

I used to have a full set of MP Fli-His and didnt much care for them. I just didnt hit them very well.
I absolutely love my CLK Fli-Hi though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!