IGNORED

Golf in Hong Kong?

fjm039
Note: This thread is 5832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am my first visit to Hong Kong for work but I know I'll be back later in the year. When I come back, I'd like to bring my clubs and try to play a round or two. Anyone have any recommendations (that won't cost me my first born)?

Any input would be appreciated.

Jeff

In the bag
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3W: Big Bertha
3 - SW X-18
Putter: oz

Whenever my relatives try to get me to go to China, they always mention the good golf in Shenzhen, China. Not that far from Hong Kong. I get the feeling from them that golf is super expensive in HK.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I played some fantastic golf in china.
An absolute must is the Mission Hills Golf Resort in Shenzhen, it's outside of Hong Kong, perhaps a 45 minute drive. They can book a private car to get you from Hong Kong for around 100rmb.
The resort is 12 championship courses at one resort, each one designed by a world-class designer or player: there's a Pete Dye course, Norman course, Faldo, Els, Vijay, Ozaki, Leadbetter, Annika, Duval, Olazabal and Zhang (he's china's Tiger, I guess you could say), plus 4 driving ranges, a Leadbetter academy, two resort hotels etc. etc.
It's like disneyland for golf.
Message me if you want some more info.
Have fun!

"You only live twice, this might be your second time."

907D2 8.5degree, UST V2 Stiff
F50 3wood
19degree rescue 3-pw Burner TP 56degree zip wedge, low bounce c56 putterI have PROV1's for sale, contact me!

Oh yeah, one more thing, bring your own golf balls!!! A box of prov1's go for $100usd!

F50 3wood
19degree rescue 3-pw Burner TP 56degree zip wedge, low bounce c56 putterI have PROV1's for sale, contact me!

Just be careful in and around Shenzhen. The pickpockets in the area are notorious for targetting tourists. I would also keep an eye on your clubs, Shenzhen is the sketchiest place... haha. Honestly, in China, they will do anything for a quick buck, and I mean anything. Whenever I go back home to Hong Kong, I am always reluctant to goto China, especially Shenzhen. It's just not a comfortable environment, everything is filthy, non-hygienic, and a large portion of the population make a living stealing!!

I will agree that some of the places and golf courses in Shenzhen are breathtaking, just that the whole city gives me a bad vibe, haha.

PS: Don't buy anything there, it's all fake! They probably even sell fake golf balls

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

That's a totally unfair generalization. That's like saying, "Don't go to New York - they are all criminals."
Unless you're a total square with no street sense and can't fend for yourself, there's a ton of great things that Shenzhen, and NYC for that matter, have to offer.

Local authorities are VERY strict on petty crime, especially geared towards foreigners; it's a trickle down from the higher-ups that are trying to attract foreign investment and interest.

Furthermore, the resorts are all located far outside the city and pride themselves in taking care of and looking after their guests.

Don't let the last post scare you from visiting Shenzhen.

F50 3wood

I'm sorry if my post was a bit over the top, reading back, it is a bit exaggerated haha. I am sure you can agree with the hygiene issue in the city though.

I am from HK, and honestly, China is starting to crack down on this sort of stuff, but they still have major issues regarding the city itself. That doesn't mean, "don't go there", but you really have to take extra care. Cities like Guangzhou have come along much further than Shenzhen.

For the golf courses, you're right, they are spectacular and maintained very well. The resorts shouldn't even really be considered to be in Shenzhen, since they are pretty much out of the city. Definetly worth a peek! I apologize if my post scared you off!

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Here's a list of courses in Hong Kong:

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/clubhouse...ong/index.html

The only ones I've played are:

- Kai Sai Chau North Course
- Discovery Bay Golf Club

Kai Sai Chau has two (actually it might be three now) public courses, the North being a lot tougher than the South. It was a great course and I was surprised how quick the greens are. The 14th is a par 3 you won't forget:

http://www.golf007.com/english/golf_...rth/14hole.htm

Discovery Bay is a very nice course too, but you'll have to be invited by a member. It's worth checking if anyone you work with out there is a golfer.

The top courses are at the Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling. I hope to play them this autumn, and so far I've only heard great things.

If you want to play Mission Hills, you'll need to get a tourist visa for China.

Note: This thread is 5832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!