IGNORED

2005 AmEx

iacas
Note: This thread is 6771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who will win the 2005 WGC-AmEx?

• John Daly
    • Colin Montgomerie
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Tiger Woods
    • Someone Else

• Administrator
So who will win?

-9 John Daly
-8 Colin Montgomerie
-7 Sergio Garcia
-7 Tiger Woods
xx Someone Else

My vote is registered above.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know I may be one of only a few people who actually like Monty. From the interviews and coverage I've seen of him I think he's actually a like-able guy and gets a bad wrap. He shot a 69 yesterday and today with having jet lag and I feel all he needs is another good round like hes had and he may ride the rush from the recent win at Dunhill Links.

Of course I'll admit, he wasn't my initial pick when the Amex started. I was hoping for Garcia so I guess I wouldn't be too disappointed if he won either.

Also, it would be nice to see Daly pull this one off given that his exempt status is getting close to limbo right now.

But I'm sticking to my guns now and saying Monty will pull this one off *gulp*

• Administrator
I think JD will qualify by "top 125" or something. Yeah, he will, he's 77th. No problems there.

Monty, well, I went against him because he's never won on U.S. soil and because he had a good first round but has been playing only so so since then.

Tiger, well, I picked him because of the opposite: he's dominated WGC events.

Sergio's putter won't hold up. It rarely does, so betting it won't is usually a safe bet. JD will do okay, but I think Tiger will have the willpower to outduel him.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I'm voting Daly as the playoff is about to start... LOVE THIS!

Woohoo! Sorry it had to end that way, though. Would have preferred to see a birdie win it.

Yikes! That wasn't pretty.

I feel bad for Daly because he three-putted twice in his last four holes. But on the other hand, he is going to have to learn how to close the deal. Tiger definitely don't have a problem getting the job done when it counts.

Good tournament though.

• Administrator

He bombed it past Tiger the second time they played 18, though. And then Tiger had a tap-in until it drew back...

I wrote my summary of the tournament but it's not published yet. The site is having some minor issues right now.

Monty and Garcia were almost never a factor after the front nine.

• Administrator
He bombed it past Tiger the second time they played 18, though. And then Tiger had a tap-in until it drew back...

Here it is . Not so subtle, I guess...

Note: This thread is 6771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!